Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Lamec
Fire Beetle

Default Bind wound issue

Hi,

Been messing with EqEmu/Peq for few weeks now, and finally feel like I'm starting to understand things. One issue that's eluding me currently is when you "bind wound" it makes you crouch down, but you never stand back up.

I logged onto PEQ's server, and sure enough, it's broken there too. NP, I thought, must be broken everywhere...

Surprise, I log onto Krusher's server (supposedly on the same version of EqEmu and PEQ (although there's obviously a lot of mods from the PEQ) and what do you know? Bind wound works on his server!

I haven't quite broken into the code yet (still trying to get the interface/db setup mastered first..) but it seems to me that this should be a big hint into what is causing the problem (or what the possible solution might be...)

Questions that come to mind are: is this a windows/linux server issue? Is this a PEQ issue and his data might be "old?" And if his data is old, what's new that's breaking it?

I did see this issue in the PEQ forums, but there were no replies to it. I'm hoping someone here knows the answer (it seems to also have broken feign death? -- according to that post...)

Please let me know if anyone knows the cause/fix for this.

Thanks

Lamec

My stats:

EqEMU - 0.7.0.992
Windows Vista 32
Amd dual core
2.5 gig of ram
320 gig of disk space
MySql 5.0 tables are set up as INNOdb (I wonder if this could be the culprit...)

Incedently, I'm using 5.0 of mysql because the PEQ repository is dumping from that database version (as evidented by the SQL errors you get from the default language clauses at the end of the table sql) in order to use the cvs updates, and not have to "change" every file (kinda messes the whole idea of using the cvs.)
Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Lamec
Fire Beetle

Default Problem solved!

First, I must apologize for lying in the forum. I didn't know I was lying at the time, but in fact I was on MYISAM tables, not INNOdb.

However, my lie has lead to a solution. I discovered my misinformation when I went to verify that the tables were INNOdb. Much to my surprise, only the spawn2 table is/was.

So, I quickly set out to fixing my lie by changing the tables to INNOdb.

Then I figured, what the heck? I'll go test it and see (I had a feeling this was the problem in the first place...) SURE ENOUGH!

Bind wound works great now.

So, hopefully this helps others...

I also posted this solution on the PEQ website. Hopefully, this can be tested/approved by them so that the CVS gives table creates with INNOdb tables instead of MYISAM in the future
Old 04-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Lamec
Fire Beetle

Default The _real_ bind wound fix

Hi again,

The database change did not fix bind wound. However, I did find out how I "fixed" it. Bind wound doesn't work if you have no skill. If you put one train into it, it works

I posted this on PEQ as well, so you can collaborate on a long term fix if possible. If not, as cavedude said, at least we have a work around...

Have fun everyone!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Hao3w
Fire Beetle

"Bind wound doesn't work if you have no skill. If you put one train into it, it works "

I also fixed by this way,thanks ! One train enough!

Richard