Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Tagglenn
Fire Beetle

Default Trouble trying to multibox

Hey i just recently built a new computer. Spects-Intel i7 3.07ghz quadcore proccessor 4gb of ram and 500gb harddrive, nvidia geforce 8600 GT thats running windows 7 64bit operating system.

I have been trying to play on the hidden forest server and box 2 chars+ on my new computer in windowed mode and full screen, but for some reason every time i go to open up another everquest and login the game my previous everquest client's screen goes black also Ive noticed that my game is still logged in and i can hear sound, Ive ran up to 11 games at one time on my cpu and im sure its not my spects and i know eq's a old game and all but what possibly could be this problem Ive been searching all over forums, and Google Ive seen none with the same problems trying to box there chars and its quite frustrating. I can alt + enter the program to go from fullscreen back to windows mode and the game will be working again but if i dare try to alt tab to another game the problem consists over and over again please if anyone has had this issue or knows any ideas that i might not have tryed please do help.

Sincerely, an old eq player
Old 02-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Tagglenn
Fire Beetle

also to put on that after i alt tab the game crashes
Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM
walk
Fire Beetle

First of all, your chars are on different accounts right? You will have issues if they are on the same account.

Second, using Titanium? Get SoD. Titanium doesn't like multiple boxes in window mode, it that for me too.

I have a similar setup (with a GTX275) and can run 4-5 boxes no problem on SoD. CPU use stays around 4-5% max lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Tagglenn
Fire Beetle

Can i Download SOD? or do i have to go buy it ?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:55 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

I've never had an issue with Titanium and boxing in windowed mode. There are plenty of other people who do it as well.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Sod expanshion
http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/ever...truction/73038
Underfoot expanshion
http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/ever...nderfoot/77524

If you known what your doing you can make a cdrom or dvd cdrom disk
with digital download one working backup copy. I would go an extra
mile an get Underfoot if getting a digital download more bang for the buck.

or get it from steam
Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Tagglenn
Fire Beetle

Ive heard of alot of people using titanium and are boxing up to 6 characters thats why ive posted on here seems like im the only one almost having this problem o.o?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Tagglenn
Fire Beetle

ok well someone help me with this question ive read on the playguide and noticed it says "Note: The Underfoot client from Steam has replaced the SoD client download. Underfoot can be attained by downloading the Seeds of Destruction Starter Pack from Steam." does this mean that i dl underfoot....or seeds of destruction!? o.O and if so do i uninstall titanium!???
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

Underfoot is newer than SoD. I don't think SoD is available for download via Steam any longer.

Yes, I would uninstall any previously installed clients to avoid conflicts/confusion, unless you really know what you're doing.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Tagglenn
Fire Beetle

OK now i tryed Underfoot Dl and titanium dl im still not able to load more then 1 everquest as soon as i load another the other freezes T_T ive completely uninstalled and put titanium on still problem consisting T_T
Old 02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Mukluk4
Fire Beetle

Go into options, turn off all new models. log in with one, turn your clip plane down and just go vanilla.

After everything is turned down, try logging in a second account.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Wandor
Fire Beetle

Did you ever figure this out? I have no problem multiboxing 4 accounts on my older Core2 Duo laptop with Vista 32 bit, but my new Phenom II X6 on Win7 64 bit dies as soon as I fire up the second account.

Funny thing is that the first instance freezes when I open the second one, but I can still control the toon, move around, accept group invites, etc.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Mooka
Fire Beetle

Was anyone able to figure this out? I am having the same exact problem as the OP.

I also notice that when I'm running one client and alt tab that the windowed EQ is super choppy. I have a dual monitor set up so I can see it when I'm in Google.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I'm also using titanium windowed with win7 64bit and more than enough video/ram power to be able to do this.