Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Screenshots

Archive::Screenshots Archive area for Screenshots's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-01-2004, 05:47 PM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

SoL ruined EQ completely...Did you play classic, Kunark, or Velious for that matter? SoL loot for one, totally unbalanced the game...With PoP know, I can have 9k unbuffed, wow cool....The game was much more "fantasy-ish" with classic, which was fun. Now it's focused on who can be the most anti social...and play 18 hours a day to get "phat lewtz". Back then it was about fun, and exploring...the way it should be.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

yes i have played classis with kunark and velious and back then it was also about being anti-social loser who spends 18+ hours on and trying to get phat lewts. i don't know what game you were playing but please do share.
Old 01-01-2004, 06:26 PM
JohnRev
Hill Giant

Maybe you're right, but it's my opinion, and that's how I feel about the game. Due to the content of expansions, EQ has progressively started to suck, and it keeps getting lamer and lamer. Emu is always fun though. :P
Old 01-04-2004, 03:55 PM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

I wish there was a server based soley on classic EQ (EMU can do this) with old quests and everything, NO EXPANSIONS not even kunark. I know GuildWars had somthing like this but it also had PVP and custom NPC's, If someone could just get ahold of the CLASSIC EQ and run a strictly classic EQ server. Hell I would install classic in another folder just to play on that server, old interface and all....I would so die and go to heaven!
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 01-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Squiffy
Sarnak

I'm one of the lucky ones in the beta test, and I'm impressed with it so far. Hard to find good players, though. Most are fuckin noobs who /betabuffed a 65 toon and think they can solo gods. :evil:

It's KC all over again in the first 2 zones, once you get further in (where noobs dare not dread) it gets cool. Check out Txevu. We had a GM-lead raid there earlier. Beautiful zone.

Berserkers are NYI on Beta /grumble.
Old 01-09-2004, 07:47 PM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

lol i applied for beta like really soon after it opened and when i hit submit it took me to a page saying beta reg was closed...damn that was fast
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 01-09-2004, 11:53 PM
Squiffy
Sarnak

Oh, as far as the classic-only server, the new Discord server is like that. But it's a funky PvP ruleset.

Diablo 2 hardcore + EQ PvP. Every time you PK someone you get a point, and you lose half your points if you die, as well as getting reset to level 1 (by NPC or PC hands.) There's a huge xp bonus for the whole server, though, so it's not too slow.

It's a shame it's only temporary, though.

I've been feedbacking for an old-world only server, with manastones n shit. Maybe one day =\
Old 01-11-2004, 03:52 PM
Wumpas
Hill Giant

Default I also requested this

I have been spamming dev corner about a classic eqserver since luclin went active and so far I get veried if any responses i have 4 total through all that time.

The hitches are as I see them and as stated in the sony emails is in order to do it full blown old UI and all they would have problemswith the patch issue. You would patch back to 1997? and then have to patch back forword to curent? also They said they would have to reporogram that server version from the ground up aparently sony dosn't keep backups :cry: There is issues with it but I dont think its beond sonys scope at all. It would be like another test server. Another thing they said was why would we go through all that work to make a well ... cripled server in which there would be little or no intrest in?

I think there would be alot of intrest so they lose the junior high crowed i can more than live with that :lol: lol

I still send a request every month or so mabe someday they will listen. I think it could reinspire some old school players as well. Hmm mabhe we should make a website online petition if anyone has web skills it couldn't hurt to try it
Old 02-06-2004, 05:59 AM
BLooDDRiPPeR
Fire Beetle

heres my 2 coppers on this... EQ completely killed EQ after velious, being able to have uber warriors with 9k unbuffed isnt fantasy like to me in my opinion... the sleeper was killed BECAUSE of this and SoE didnt want him killed, so they messed it up for themselves, but they are shrugging it off and acting like nothing happened... LDoN was an OK expansion, it would of been better without the uber augs and drops, i think EQ shouldnt be all about getting the best hp gear and the most money, i think the lvl 50 limit was great and should never of been raised to 60 or 65, but sony wanted to keep bringing in more people... which SoL, PoP, LoY, and LDoN not even being finished on release (some things that is, like PoTime for example and ldon being buggy on release and such) may of gotten rid of more members than bringing in members, such as the guild on bertoxx server i think it was, 150 accounts canceled because of a new bug in potimeb that caused the zone to be empty after first tier.... they should of taken their time and thought the new expansions through before making SoL, PoP, LoY, and LDoN, hopefully they arent rushing GoD like those 4
Old 02-16-2004, 08:38 AM
HiC
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRev
Now it's focused on who can be the most anti social...and play 18 hours a day to get "phat lewtz".
I hate to break the news but EQLive was like that since the first people started to attain L25 and trickle into Cazic Thule and Guk.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:13 PM
DaGrahamster
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRev
SoL ruined EQ completely...Did you play classic, Kunark, or Velious for that matter? SoL loot for one, totally unbalanced the game.....Back then it was about fun, and exploring...the way it should be.
I totally agree with u JonRev. I think that the secondary things from SoL (travel, better player graphics, and AA) were pretty cool, but the actual content itself screwed up the game beyond recognition. Some of the zones were cool looking (Vex Thal), but it felt like a completely different game cuz of the zone graphics facelift. Whenever I play EQ, which is rarely now, I typically only go to old world, kunark and velious cuz to me THAT is EQ and everything after is "Sony Presents Norrath Revamped!" Like I said...it might as well be a seperate game.

It's more about being uber now than adventure.