Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-12-2023, 01:44 AM
deminya
Fire Beetle

Default EQEmu Server

1.) I cannot seem to make a CMAKE of the server files because of web_socket.cpp, misinformed on the Akkadius page.
2.) the Eqemu installer fucked up my MYSQL database but deleting my MYSQL database and installing MariaDB.
3.) and the Ubuntu image is up to 21.10 now, please update it.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:00 AM
fryguy
Sarnak

1) Would need additional details on the error you are seeing (ensure modules are updated, e.g. `git submodule init` and `git submodule update`

2) the installer is meant to be run on a clean install of the operating systems with no prior work done, it does not account for any preinstalled components.

3) a few people use 21.10 but one of the best ways to run EQEmu is via Akkstack Docker container which has everything already included. - https://github.com/Akkadius/akk-stack

Discord is the best place to get the most assistance - https://discord.gg/cAruxCamYy
Old 01-12-2023, 02:45 AM
deminya
Fire Beetle

Default Installation

Ya the installation removed mysql from my linux server and installed MariaDB why would I want to use the older crap? Now I lost a lot of things in the database bbecause of this.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:47 AM
deminya
Fire Beetle

I am lookin to downloading the source compiling it and use my database not, another one or someone elses installer.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:09 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

First, I understand you're frustrated - it sucks when things occur that you didn't expect and the feeling of losing data is not fun - but the language and attitude is not going to get you the help that you want.

There are plenty of people in this community wiling and able to help but don't expect them to be helpful if you're going to be disrespectful.

Installer

As Fry (Trust) mentioned - the installer is built within the assumption of a clean install

What you're running into falls within your court of responsibility. If you used the installer - it prompts you what's to be installed prior to being installed https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...install.sh#L36 and it is your due diligence and responsibility to be aware of what a script is doing on your machine before using it.

MySQL

Your data is likely not lost, MariaDB is a different drop in place MySQL server from Oracle's (MySQL) but they mount different data directories on your system. You could uninstall MariaDB and reinstall MySQL and your server will likely remount the old data directory and your databases will show up as you expect.

Quote:
and the Ubuntu image is up to 21.10 now, please update it.
I'm not sure what you mean by this, please update what?

Support

As Trust mentioned - Discord is the best place to get help, support forums are going to be archived here soon.

Installer Future

The installer is out date for Linux because most people have been running the far superior setup with https://github.com/akkadius/akk-stack - however - I will be updating all installers very soon

Quote:
I am lookin to downloading the source compiling it and use my database not, another one or someone elses installer.
The installer and akk-stack allow you to use your own database and compile your own binaries
Old 01-12-2023, 07:42 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Yeah, websocket seems to be broken building with newer GCC versions (I think) I tried to update the submodule but that didn't seem to help, so I mentioned it in discord hoping someone with more knowledge about how we're using websocketpp would look into it, they haven't.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:04 PM
fryguy
Sarnak

There is a server-help thread in discord that outlines the GCC/Websockets issue. There is a temporary patch that can be applied while we wait for GCC11 compatability with websockets. You can also use GCC10 with no issues. Websockets has a fix in their 0.9 upcoming build, so hopefully not much longer.
Old 01-15-2023, 08:26 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Yeah, websocket seems to be broken building with newer GCC versions (I think) I tried to update the submodule but that didn't seem to help, so I mentioned it in discord hoping someone with more knowledge about how we're using websocketpp would look into it, they haven't.
You have the fullest capability to investigate it yourself as well and help fix it for others.

This is fixed https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/2737

Responded in Discord threads for folks running into this issue