Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Who Would you vote For?
Kerry 32 40.51%
Bush 29 36.71%
nader.... *sigh* 18 22.78%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2004, 03:48 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draupner
Yea dumbfuck more straight people have AIDS then gays
How did you come to that conclusion? An overwhelming portion of HIV/AIDS positive patients are male, around 40% of the total carriers homosexual. How many people do you think are gay -- 100%? Insurance companies do not want to cover homosexuals, especially male, due to their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:52 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

Default D.A.B.

http://detfalskested.dk/bush/en/?bush=I'll%20drink%20to%20that!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:54 AM
Draupner
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0oni9
How did you come to that conclusion? An overwhelming portion of HIV/AIDS positive patients are male, around 40% of the total carriers homosexual. How many people do you think are gay -- 100%? Insurance companies do not want to cover homosexuals, especially male, due to their risk of contracting HIV/AIDS.
Ok so 40% are homosexual, which means 60% aren't. AKA still proving my point that there are more straight people with AIDS then gays.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:27 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
AIDS Statistics
At the end of the December 2002, the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates1 that 384,906 persons were living with AIDS in America.

Of these,

37% were white
42% were black
20% were Hispanic
1% were of other race/ethnicity.
Of the 298,248 men (13 years or older) who were living with AIDS,

58% were men who had sex with men (MSM)
23% were injection drug users (IDU)
10% were exposed through heterosexual contact
8% were both MSM and IDU.
Of the 82,764 adult and adolescent women with AIDS,

61% were exposed through heterosexual contact
36% were exposed through injection drug use.
An estimated 3,893 children were living with AIDS at the end of 2002.
found http://www.avert.org/statsum.htm

If your going to quote statistics show were your getting them
Old 10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Draupner
Hill Giant

you do know that straight guys do get drunk and occasionally have sex with eachother? So that statistic isn't entirely accurate. It does just say male to male, which doesn't just include people who are actuall gay.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:48 AM
m0oni9
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draupner
Ok so 40% are homosexual, which means 60% aren't. AKA still proving my point that there are more straight people with AIDS then gays.
Oy.. I have 100 people, 10 of which like the color blue. 4 of this subset has red hair, out 10 red-haired people overall. Thus, 40% of the red-haired people like blue. The remaining 90 all have brown hair, 6 of which like the color blue. 7% of the brown-haired people like blue. Overall, 10% like blue, 6% of them brown-haired, and 4% red-haired.

Sorry -- I had to run to class, and didn't have time to quote a source, so I made my number conservative. :(
Old 10-31-2004, 05:24 PM
bobby15
Fire Beetle

Draupner: I'm not arguing with your statement about men getting drunk and having sex with other men. Think about this, would you have sex with someone if you got drunk if they were gay and you were not? Sure, but I (yes me) would not have sex with a man if i were drunk... just a thought. So your statement about the statistics can be very off. What % of americans get drunk and have sex? Hell i don't know. Probably alot. But for the most part its your fault for getting drunk and getting the AIDS and the fact that most AIDS is spread through male-to-male sexuality. I in my opinion, don't really care about gays. Now about gays getting married, what LE said, the thing about saying "my wife" or "my husband" isnt normal. There will always be gays and there will always be straights, but why would gays want to get married? Then I think about how would straights want to get married? Well they love each other no doubt, but is there more behind this than we think. Like everyone has been saying about the marriage benefits and such. Could this be the reason the gays want married? Who am I to judge what they are thinking and what their intentions are? I, myself, am straight. But my opinion on gays overall is: dont flirt with me and i wont argue with you being gay.