Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

View Poll Results: Server Emultator for Star Wars Galaxies?
Good idea 18 50.00%
Bad idea 16 44.44%
Don't know 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2004, 01:22 PM
Crazytaxzi
Fire Beetle

Default SWG Server :)

I know you guys might all or few atleast think i am nuts or just plain lost. but i was wondering if there might be someone or you guys meybe working on a server emulator for Star Wars Galaxies. I think that would be awesome. If someone did start one now would be a great time considering there isn't too much to try to emulate atm cause they just came out with there First Expansion. Anyways just let me know what you think.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

This really should be in like off-topic or something......
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Moved. And no, We work on this emulator for our own pleasure because we all used to be everquest players. We aren't just monkeys sitting in a cave with someone cracking whips at us. We code what we want when we want, and that certainly means that we aren't going to be coding any emulators for other games.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:35 PM
lordnoob
Sarnak

Good luck, I think it would be a great idea but Lucas would never allow it, there's not even any NWN modules that lastest that long. Lucas would sue so fast and with all those lawyers the emu would be done before it began.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:54 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Quote:
We aren't just monkeys sitting in a cave with someone cracking whips at us.

Quote:
Help! I work in an Emu sweatshop and you're my only hope!
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Crazytaxzi
Fire Beetle

Well thank you for you opinions... i wasn't trying to tick anyone off it was just an idea... but i hope you guys have a good day and i didn't realy think about the lucas arts lawyers lmao...
Old 11-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Lestat43
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Moved. And no, We work on this emulator for our own pleasure because we all used to be everquest players. We aren't just monkeys sitting in a cave with someone cracking whips at us. We code what we want when we want, and that certainly means that we aren't going to be coding any emulators for other games.
That was kinda of a harsh come back and not even called for bro. Buddy was just asking you don't gotta be a dickhead about it. And I don't care who I piss off. :twisted:
Old 11-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Lestat43
Sarnak

For the record though I do think if anyone who finds SWG fun decides to do an emulator that it would be a good idea. Doubt Lucas would do much more then SOE or any of the other companies out there have done considering there are several emulated games and they all say don't do it or else and they all obviously haven't done jack because we still enjoy playing them. And considering Jedi chars sell on ebay for $3,000 or better I'd personally find it hilarious having your own on your own server when some poor sap with no life is spending buttloads of cash on a virtual character. lol :twisted:
Old 11-08-2004, 01:53 PM
mrea
Discordant

Blizzard is trying to change that at the moment and isn't SWG under SOE along with EQ? 2 Strikes for us :P

Old 11-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Lestat43
Sarnak

Kind of a joint contract really with SOE and Lucas Arts, but ya they are. lol :lol:
Old 11-09-2004, 07:02 AM
eq_addict_08
Hill Giant

bah, only mmporg I ever played was EQ1, only mmporg Emu I will play is EQemu.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Knight Errant
Sarnak

With the Jump to Light Speed Exspansion defintaly.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:53 AM
DamienStone
Fire Beetle

SWG emulating is a pain.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Knight Errant
Sarnak

but it might be worth it for SWG.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:08 AM
DamienStone
Fire Beetle

Id think about it after were done with MxOEmu but by then Id probably be interested in Phantasy Star Universe (Phantasy Star Online MMORPG not like the current ones , this one is on a massive scale, Japan release first like FFXI)