Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
jayseesee
Fire Beetle

Default Setting up Custom Spells, Error

Alright, I was successful in setting up a custom spell and able to scribe it and use it on my own test server, however, I was unable to duplicate this with a friend.

I used Ailia's spell editor and copied a low level spell, Force Snap, changing only the effect formula to 100: min, Minimum to -10,000, and maximum to 0. I then changed level to 70, saved, and copied my spells_us.txt to my eqemu installation folder. I ran the server, ran eqemu, and it worked great. I was able to #scribespell it and cast it with no difficulties.

The issue came when I tried to have a friend do the same. Using TeamView we walked him through step by step what I did, and while the server recognized it, we were unable to get it scribed using #scribespell. It gave us the error:
Scribing spell: TestWizNuke01 (15934) to spellbook.

Unable to scribe spell: TestWizNuke01 (15934) to your spellbook.

We can think of nothing that would cause this. Putting the spell as a click effect and #cast ing the spell both worked, but we can not get it into the player's spell book, even with the correct spells_us.txt in the EqEmu directory.

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
Serryon123
Sarnak

Anyone know the solution to this?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Serryon123
Sarnak

Still havent found a solution please help..
Old 11-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

I don't think Eqemu is using spells_us.txt anymore. Try looking in the spells_new table in the peq database. Not sure if this will help but it might be a good place to start.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Serryon123
Sarnak

ill check it out thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 AM
Serryon123
Sarnak

well I tried exporting my spells_new db and using that as the main file for spells and it didnt work.. and i tried jsut re naming it spells_us.txt and it made all my spells have the little fist icon thingy and they all just casted something.. but no neither of them worked =\ anyone know else ANY help is appreciated ill try ANYTHING been frustrated with this for over 3 weeks. Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Serryon123
Sarnak

bumpbump plz help! if anyone can thx.