Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Awlson
Fire Beetle

Default Hello There

Long time old EQ player (don't ask me what expansion I quit at.. I don't recall the name).. just stumbled across this sight two nights ago. Been playing an EQEmu for a bit (SoD), looking to see what else is out there.
I am looking for a server with a faster than live, but not OMGTIMES12WTFZOR!!1! exp gain. Also looking for a server with LDON-type instanced zones available, I hate fighting for spawns/zones and sometimes have real limited play time. Also the availability of the Berserker class I enjoyed later in live would be great. (I played a sk for a long time on live, Fennin Ro server.) A progression server would be cool, too.

So, does this sound like any of the available servers here?
Thanks in advance.
Awlson
Old 11-25-2009, 10:07 AM
catthib1
Fire Beetle

Hi hi hi!

May I recommend The Hidden Forest server?

www.thehiddenforest.eu/

It has almost all that you are looking for in a server, the only request missing would be the LDoN missions, but those are upcoming releases, according to the server's fantastic GMs/Devs.

Fun, friendly server with a whole lot to offer every player!!!

Hope to see you there!!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM
warhawk
Sarnak

Hi
Welcome to EMU!

I would recommend Project EQ The Grand creation, The definitive EMU server. It has everything your looking for :- LDON etc.

Or, if you fancy old school progression. I would say the either Dawn of norrath , or project 1999.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:37 PM
jayseesee
Fire Beetle

Welcome to the Emu.

I would recommend you the one I help work on, but that would be self serving. So instead, try each one for a bit, see what one floats your boat. Just remember that end game is different from the grinder, especially on the 2-5x exp servers.

Enjoy your stay!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Awlson
Fire Beetle

End game is always different than the grind. But I am one of those people that doesn't mind leveling up (well.. sort of) because it gives you a chance to meet people along the way, and hopefully make new friends.
But I also don't want it like live, where you could play 2 years, and still not hit max level.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

The Hidden Forest is definitely the best I've played on, and I've tried every other server on Emu. Check out their post here: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29264 and see if it's what you're looking for.

Also, LDoN is expected to be released within the next few weeks, and it's going to be very polished/custom.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:34 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

If you looking to do something different that LIVE and progress a bit faster than to was on LIVE, I recommend either StormHeaven or The Hidden Forest

Stay away from P1999 =P Unless you want to relive all your childhood nightmares about EQ =P
Old 11-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Awlson
Fire Beetle

Lol Chaos. I'll admit Project '99 piqued my interest, but I have no desire for the true to eq leveling exp again. That sucked. When I quit, max level was 65, and I had only reached 63 on my sk. Of course, getting groups with a sk was a chore, and I was an alt-aholic because of that. (57 bst, a couple 51+ clerics, 50wiz, 40-something druid, etc...)
Old 11-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Awlson
Fire Beetle

One more thing I thought of, what do the servers here do about death, and corpse runs? Two of the things I hated most was losing xp (and levels) when I died, and trying to get back to my corpse to get my gear before it poofed.
Losing levels from deaths sucked, a xp debt system is much preferred imo. Also removes that problem of losing a level, and not being able to get back into the zone to get rezzed (planes on live, for instance).
I also much prefer to respawn with my equipment on, and only have to retrieve my corpse if I want a rez. Too much time I wasted on live trying just to get back to my body to loot it, and being late to go out, head to bed, etc. Just an unjustified head-ache, IMO.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

Most servers (not all) have XP loss on death, but you respawn fully clothed. There's no need for corpse runs other than to rez for lost experience, but even if you're on a x2 or x3 XP server then you can easily just make up for the lost XP.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 PM
Awlson
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeido View Post
Most servers (not all) have XP loss on death, but you respawn fully clothed. There's no need for corpse runs other than to rez for lost experience, but even if you're on a x2 or x3 XP server then you can easily just make up for the lost XP.
Exactly. Corpse runs to get equipment back is just retarded. And lost exp/debt means little compared to losing all your stuff. On SoD, I know they implemented a xp debt system, so you never lose a level, but you have to work off the debt before you can progress further. Or, you can pay a healer a level based cost in pp to remove the debt. It scales to a max of 50pp there, but cash is hard to make, also.