Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 AM
Remtek
Fire Beetle

Any eta on when server will end beta?
Old 05-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Aside from faction, the DB changes are getting far, far fewer daily. Research is probably the last major DB hurdle next to faction.

Quests are just a matter of copy and paste at this point. The gaping holes like Soul Fire, FA, Silent Watch, etc have been filled.

Source changes; this is the biggest hurdle. We don't have anyone that is familiar with C, so Nilbog and I are trying to teach ourselves with the examples off the forums and out of the SVN, and it is rather slow going, especially when they involve DB changes at the same time.

So far we've made almost 1000 threads worth of changes, and probably have another 300 between source, faction & quest changes remaining. So the emptier you see the quest, faction & game mechanics threads, the closer it is.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:45 PM
PathToEternity
Fire Beetle

Right now faction is probably the biggest thing left to do, outside of source changes.

So any classic faction buffs out there? We could definitely use your help!
Old 06-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Finally got our source caught up and a ton of DB & quest changes are going in daily. Most recent major quest fixes are the Cargo Clockwork in Steamfont & the Langseax.

Feel free to stop by and say yo or come by and join in the ever shrinking list of fixes.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:57 PM
mokfarg
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibalamin View Post
Finally got our source caught up and a ton of DB & quest changes are going in daily. Most recent major quest fixes are the Cargo Clockwork in Steamfont & the Langseax.

Feel free to stop by and say yo or come by and join in the ever shrinking list of fixes.
Good to hear!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 AM
xerve
Fire Beetle

sorry to have to ask, but where do i go to download/play on this lol?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com

In the files forum you'll find the UI and Spell file as well as the nek & LS zone.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Faction has been implemented around the horn, just a matter now of fixing the plethora of mobs that don't have a faction assigned. Be warned, if you are playing an evil race or wanting to test one, you might just get beat down by an opposing faction guard, and you most certainly will in the near future.

Newbie bind points are currently being globally changed back to a more classical locale. All newbie notes have been confirmed to be on the appropriate classes and almost all the newbie notes are finished: Qeynos, Freeport, Felwithe, Kelethin, Kaladim, Halas, Surefall, & a good chunk of Ak'anon have already been fixed. Neriak, Grobb, Oggok, Erudin & Paineel remain.

I'm (slowly) adding scripting for day/night to most zones. Rivervale and Steamfont are two locations that I've focused on so far; primarily Kevlin Diggs and the Cargo Clockwork.

Pathing and spawn work are being tinkered and adjusted in many zones. Kaladim: Jeet and Mater no longer occupy the same spawn point and Datur will no longer run from you when you try to turn in your newbie note! Oasis is much less a ghost town than it was before. There are many more crocs and Orc Highway will get some love in a few days.

Freeport & Qeynos are the two remaining main bastions of quest rewriting that remain for us. It generally takes 3 shots of southern comfort to get me in the scripting mindset for fixing these zones, I'm losing brain matter....

That's about it for this past weeks update. I will hazard to guess we are within a few months of launching. As always, we could use a C++ coder on the team or someone that is willing to take a stab at some fixes. For better of for worse, development has been in full swing for 5 months now and we are getting much closer with the recent strides.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

In the upcoming evenings/nights we'll be running a bit of testing on raid targets. We'll be hitting folks that come through with levels and appropriate equipment to help with testing.

Freeport quests have been finished off and should be working.

Faction work is done, ogres beware of good cities.

All start/bind points and newbie notes have finally been updated and implemented.

Plane of Fear and all associated mobs have been brought more in line with their classical goodness. As well as Cazic and Innoruuk undergoing a significant update in scripting.

As always, thanks to all the great testers that give their time and skills to helping us.

Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Pyrocat22259
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarasi View Post
I have been looking for just this type of server play. as soon as I recieve my eq titanium in mail and get set up I will definately be there
Basically what this person said. I've been wanting this type of thing ever since I quit, which was shortly after Planes of Power. I'm so relieved to find a progression server that will *not* go past Velious. Classic EQ or Bust!

Can't wait to start playing and helping out!
Old 07-19-2009, 06:58 PM
joedan
Sarnak

Will this ever come out? I'm starting to think it will become like EQC...
Old 07-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Clipz
Fire Beetle

Hehe, yes it will I'm playing on this server atm and it's my favorite server by far!

I'm doing my best to help the people on this project with dungeons and raid zones/bosses. I'm trying out quests to make sure they work and stuff :P

Fixes are being done everyday
Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

We have some fixes going in behind the scenes at the moment. Yes, we will release, I'm still not going to give a time frame, cause that will only piss people off if we miss it. The dev team recently got bolstered by another member of the DB team, ClericGildina on our forums. Over 1200 db, quest, and other changes; With more to come shortly.

This may be an excrutiatingly long development time, but we are absolutely scouring everything to make it as classic as possible. As always, thanks to the kick ass testers we have & we appreciate your patience and interest & hope to see some of you online!

Keep your eyes peeled.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Nymesys
Fire Beetle

Default Don't See You On The Server List

I am also interested in playing, but I can't locate you on the server list. What name is it under?
What alteration do we need to make to out client to play on your server?

Thanks
Old 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM
clericgildina
Fire Beetle

It is listed in the server list as "project 1999" and since it is alphabetical, it is quite low on the list.

As far as files needed to play on the server you will need to download the "spells_us.txt" and "dbstr_us.txt" in the Files section of our website.

You will also need to get the correct Nektolus and Lavastorm files which doesn't require downloading anything just following some directions, which are also stickied in the Files section of our website.

Source updates have been happening quicker than I can keep up the past few days. There is a great team on board at Project 1999 who are dedicated to making this project the best that they can. So as Dibalamin said, Keep your eyes peeled.