Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Indoh
Fire Beetle

Default Small UI/Text, No Music

Hello everyone!
I've never played Everquest in my life but wanted to try out the "Project 1999". I have no idea if this is normal or if it's even changeable so sorry in advance if I sound stupid. I've followed all the steps exactly, even removing the sound files required to hear the old music.

I'm on Windows XP running at 1024x768. My game resolution is also at 1024x768 however changing this doesn't seem to make a difference (at least on the character creation screen).

Problem 1:
Everything on my screen seems squished and is very hard to read.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kqtX13k.jpg

Problem 2:
I'm not hearing any music on the loading screen or character creation screen.
This was a problem even before I removed the sound files to hear the classic music, which I thought would potentially fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just want to enjoy the game the way it was intended.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:42 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Sadly i believe the UI is stuck like that. If you chose to use the P99 UI it was not originally meant for higher resolutions so everything will seem tiny. (correct me if im wrong)

The music im not quite sure maybe you happen you have corrupted music files. Best bet is to reinstall and follow the steps again and hope for the best.

I would also look into posting on the P99 forums for a more proper answer.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Indoh
Fire Beetle

Thanks for trying at least! I'll definitely ask the p99 forum.

Edit:

I found a fix to the small text issue thanks to this post.
For some reason the default was set wayyy too high and was distorting everything. Even going through the settings and trying to switch it to a lower resolution didn't seem to want to work.

Go to you EverQuest folder and find "eqclient.ini".
From there you want to find this line: http://i.imgur.com/PTpcZUJ.jpg
Change it to whatever size that will work best for your computer and save. Only way I found that would work.

I found another line where my 'music' was at 0.
I tried changing it to 15 since my 'sound' was at 20.
For some reason my music still wont work. I guess I need to tinker a bit more!

If anyone has a fix to the music please let me know.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:52 PM
Telin
Fire Beetle

The music issue isn't easy without being there. Try reinstalling. Otherwise, I would use the process of elimination. Try playing music with another program. If it works, try playing around with in-game sound settings under ALT-O. You said that the mp3 wasn't playing before you removed it. So that means it's not a midi problem. Sometimes the midi playback device has to be turned on. Next make sure the "Sound" box is checked under the options tab before you enter the account information. On a graphic note, be sure to change your resolution back to where you need it because for some reason it defaults to a really low resolution. Make sure texture compression is unchecked and texture quality is high for the best appearance.