Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-19-2021, 08:30 AM
ninchaokin
Fire Beetle

Default Request: Server Config Example

Hey there, does anybody functioning eqemu_config.json file they could share that allows people to direct connect from outside your network successfully? I need to compare... All examples I could find through searching seemed to be 2018 and older and at that connecting to the Eqemu servers rather than directly to the server host.

I updated my database and for some reason both local and external players started getting a 1017 error. The update shouldn't have caused this but people were connecting, locally at least, immediately prior to the update.

After fiddling with it a while I got local working again but now external connections will 1017 error out after selecting the server. I have narrowed the issue down to the eqemu_config.json file.

Client hosts file are connecting through

[LoginServer]
Host=myworldstaticip:5999

If anybody has a similar setup, would you share your eqemu_config.json file scrubbed of your world and internal router ip's. Though I would appreciate indication of any of your 127.0.0.1's. Thank you.
Old 09-29-2021, 11:22 AM
Breur
Fire Beetle

Hello, I have same problem...
I was having an update issues with my server so I wiped my drive and did a fresh clean install on a stand alone box I have from the "Basic Server Install - Windows". Server works as far as I can tell. I can log in fine with a client on same machine but from another computer on my local LAN I get the 1017 error. I can log in see the server but when I hit connect server just disconnects client. I have tried to ping the server and I get a response. I tried to remove all firewalls and it did not help. Tried both local log in and the EMU one same result. Also I have gone down the list on forums and tried all the threads (<chatserver> removed the IPs from the <host> ) and all the others I found but still same result. I am sure I am missing something trivial but I can think of anything more to try.