Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-10-2021, 06:33 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Nah. I actually play on my own private server. I was just being sarcastic because the absurdity of syphor saying how "this is a great server" to his next post of "don't play this ever".
Old 05-10-2021, 07:38 PM
syphor
Fire Beetle

I never said this was a great server. My time solo was great. But you can do that anywhere. What's absurd is getting banned for telling the truth and exposing a dirty dealer.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:16 PM
gnomcide
Fire Beetle

This thread devolved into exactly what I foresaw it would, considering where this server was born from. Enjoy!
Old 05-11-2021, 10:14 PM
Beats
Fire Beetle

And where was that?
Old 05-20-2021, 12:11 AM
eggstoast
Fire Beetle

Hello everyone! Looks like the post has garnered some additional attention and a tiny bit of drama. The server is quite fair but this particular user had a disagreement with another user which he then decided to go very publicly about that because that user wouldn't bend to his will completely and power-level him. We simply banned him by IP and then banned them from the Discord when they could not get the hint that this behavior is childish and uncalled for. I don't hold anything against this person on a personal level, and I had not had any interaction with them up until this particular incident. This is the very first user we had to ban for failing to use common sense and proper channels for resolving disputes. Unfortunately these things happen and apparently that will sometimes spill outside the sandbox. I don’t mind hearing any criticism of the server and this person has every right to express those opinions in this public forum, we just don’t allow this type of toxicity in our environment. We all just want to get along and enjoy a game we love relatively drama free. Hope to have people give the server a fair try if you are interested in classic to Velious+ content. Hope to see you in-game!
Old 05-21-2021, 01:45 AM
syphor
Fire Beetle

Wow! So when your pet didn't complete an agreed upon transaction that's me getting them to bend to my will by telling others what happen LMAO. Don't make deals if you can't keep them. Players that do like he did get their name spread on any other server not to make deals with them. I never had an interaction with you. I asked for a GM and got nothing but a disconnect. Thanks for telling the public you banned me so they can all see how corrupt this servers management is.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:19 PM
eggstoast
Fire Beetle

I wish you nothing but the best wishes on your journey.
Old 05-21-2021, 12:56 PM
syphor
Fire Beetle

Honestly I was done replying but everyone that did me wrong told on themselves in this thread it too funny
Old 05-21-2021, 01:02 PM
eggstoast
Fire Beetle

Yes, the whole situation is very compelling.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:59 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Heh ...

Gotta say ... - I thought it looked like a great server ... and actually contemplated starting up ... - however, then I read "Druid, low level slow" ...

My mind snapped ... - But why ?

LOL
Old 06-14-2021, 04:08 PM
eggstoast
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quientus View Post
Heh ...

Gotta say ... - I thought it looked like a great server ... and actually contemplated starting up ... - however, then I read "Druid, low level slow" ...

My mind snapped ... - But why ?

LOL

You imagine that it's more of a game changer than it actually is. Appreciate you taking the time to visit the site, I'm sure you will find a server that fits your criteria.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:49 PM
Quientus
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggstoast View Post
You imagine that it's more of a game changer than it actually is. Appreciate you taking the time to visit the site, I'm sure you will find a server that fits your criteria.
Hah, I might just check it out anyway ...

It's just that "Druid" and "Slow (spell)" ... is just so wrong ... on so many levels ... - It's like ... like ... like putting nutella on top of your pizza napolitana ... - Just wrong ... ! LOL
Old 06-15-2021, 05:39 PM
eggstoast
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quientus View Post
Hah, I might just check it out anyway ...

It's just that "Druid" and "Slow (spell)" ... is just so wrong ... on so many levels ... - It's like ... like ... like putting nutella on top of your pizza napolitana ... - Just wrong ... ! LOL

I feel like it's important to be upfront with those types of changes because some of us do have strong opinions about the flavor of EverQuest we want to play, and I think that having strong opinions about it is perfectly fine.
Old 06-22-2021, 05:21 PM
MaelinS
Fire Beetle

I've been playing on the server for a couple months now, it's been a great experience. Though I prefer true classic (more like p99) I just don't have time for that anymore. I can still enjoy the classic feel with some QOL changes and custom content. It's pretty disheartening to read negativity aimed at our GM/dev. While he doesn't agree with everything I or other players suggest or criticize, he has been open to whatever the collective is interested in. The discussions in "Suggestions" Discord channel are pretty entertaining. We've had a steady flow of new players which has been pretty awesome. I absolutely love helping them and answering questions in the global OOC.

btw, Druid slow isn't amazing, I have it. Barely even use it.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:08 PM
eggstoast
Fire Beetle

Quick update!
We continue to grow our population and we have lots of new players now! Super exciting! Our wiki is starting to grow a little bit and cover some of the custom quests and documents the available augments in various zones, and also has a beginner guide.

- Berserker and Beastlords can complete their epics. Berserker epic has been tweaked to be more in line with other class epics.
- Auction system now has 1 click auto repost for expired items (super nice feature!)
- Flagged progression now dips a tiny bit into Luclin, this in combination with another long epic style quest gives access to a very cool new encounter in the zone we remember as Shadowrest.
- More custom spells are in development and will be released soon, hoping to do at least 1 per class.
- Froak, semi-difficult raid boss mob located in lower guk, he should be a fun challenge for a small raid force.
- Class balance continues with rangers getting a significant boost to archery crit.