Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Bumping this thread. Wanting to let everyone know it was on hold for a minute due to real life problems (Involving Comcast being stupid about our internet, saying we didn't pay when we did... Needless to say, stupid.)

We're back up, and the only thing left is Spells to do. Expect to see it open soon!

EDIT; I forgot to add -- Spells are in need of being tested once I add them. I'll be adjusting hit points accordingly, this is meant to be a solo, but not solo server... Once you get full gear from Zone1 you should be able to kill bosses easier, the only boss that should prove to be an issue is the LAST boss of Zone1. Which is required to get into Zone2 (go figure, right?) I'll be testing spells out over the next couple days. It shouldn't take me more then my two days off (Tomorrow and the next day.) to get spells tested, and adjusted accordingly. Healing spells are done, and so are buffs. I rather like how I have them laid out. I will be making a buff bot in respective towns so people can have some buffs going into Zone1. Since we're allowing people to start out at a decent level. Mage spells are lower damage because your pets makes up for it. Necromancers, same thing. Enchanters on the other hands. YOU GUYS... I'm still at a lost with what to do with you. You tricky kids. .

EDIT2; I'd like to add that it's surprising the amount of spell editing that has to be done to custom servers - I'm not making it so you have 9127391273891273 spells. You have 3 spells when you start. Shield, Damage, and Gate as a Wizard. The three spells that are commonly used, dropped spells are like, Root, and snare and stuff. But three base spells. I PERSONALLY feel this will make things just a ton better... -- But yeah like I was saying I was editing spell costs, I set it to start at 150 mana doing 150 damage. I logged in my test wizard and I was oom before the mob was 50%... Adjusted it down about half, and going to test it now... It's just so weird...
Old 09-20-2013, 01:29 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I posted last night right before I fell asleep about the three spell thing for Wizards, and what not... This might seem confusing or unneeded so I'm letting you in on what the Magician spells are going to look like! (As well as pets information), Now Zone2 + Tier1 aren't set for certain, but Start is set for certain.

After Tier1 Mage's are going to get EPIC pets. Kind of like the skittle stick, in fact the first item you're going to get for the epic IS going to be "The Skittle Stick." I've yet to decide what I'm going to rename other epics, epic quests aren't going to be 'easy' though. Beta you'll be able to get to Tier1 but you won't be able to obtain your epic until we break it out of Beta (Shouldn't take more then a couple weeks to get get out of the Beta... Since it's just spells, adjusting NPC's, and a few other small things.)

Anyway, here is a screenie of what the spells look like. =).

I've tested the pets in Zone1 (Starter pets that is), and they could tank trash, and with the help of DS and the Mage's spells they died just fine. Pet had about 40%+ (Depending on what one you summoned), Mage at a good mana too. You'll be able to kill two or so without medding until you get the spell that drops from Zone1, then you should be able to kill more. Just like normal progression servers. =)...

Things are going great, moving right along to Necromancers!

Last edited by Nerdgasm; 09-20-2013 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Spelling errors...
Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

~~IMPORTANT~~
We've disabled the stupid forums that required a ton of sign up stupid stuff, and now have forums that you sign up with weebly you have a forum account. GG =P Figured I'd let everyone know.

While looking at the server and doing some random progression, I had a realization that people will get bored of the whole Everquest classes... So we've decided to change it up a bit, below is what we've done.

As you all know there's 16 classes in Everquest, and four different type of them.
Melee - Berskerker, Monk, Rogue, Warrior
Priest - Cleric, Druid, Shaman
Casters - Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, Wizard
Hybrid - Bard, Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight.

We're doing something pretty similar EXCEPT(dun dun dun) the major twist. Chaos and Balance type.

Chaos Faction;
Tank - Warlord
Healer - Mystic
Melee - Assassin
Caster - Rune Caster
Hybrid - Defiler

Balance Faction;
Tank - Templar
Healer - Priest
Melee - Samurai
Caster - Arcanist
Hybrid - Hex-blade

Each classes will have their own set of abilities, and gear. We've added another little twist in there because we're only using 10 out of the 16 classes we figured we'd add another little feature to further increase their power and potential. Take this how you will, you'll see the meaning in game.

We'll update this post when we've gotten a few things tested. All of our information (new and old) will be up on our webpage located >HERE<
Old 10-01-2013, 12:48 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Here is a Hex-Blade at their finest (Best gear in the game. From Uthra herself)

More pictures will be able to be found at our Webpage once we've fully updated everything. =)

Yes they are two different blades. Below is the stats of one of them. I've disabled the clicky effect as to NOT give away what it is. Yes, these are real stats in game of what the Uthra's weapons will look like. (She drops a 'set' for everyone.)

Old 10-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I want to post just one more picture on here. Because I am proud of it... :P (Not proud that I got the coding right, but just proud of the class...).

Ladies and gentlemen.

The Battle-Priest.

These are T2 weapons. Don't worry, it's not the BEST YOU CAN GET! =P I was to lazy to make Uthra's weapons for Battle Priest, Hex-Blade was already done for Warriors. xD
Old 10-06-2013, 03:53 AM
Psepheryx
Fire Beetle

Hey folks, I don't post much lol as I'm sure you've all noticed, but I'm excited to announce that we will be releasing a dual class system with an expansion.

We are doing the dual class as an expansion to get you into Uthra quicker, rather than wasting time.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

We've added a 'Talk to the DEV's' thing we figured if people wanted to know what we're doing, or how far we are on progression, you could join us, and talk to us about the server and what we're doing with it. It's quicker and easier then coming here and posting for us, below is the information.

Uthra's Gaming (TeamSpeak Server) -- Used for Everquest, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and well. All other gaming things.

Server -- 209.247.83.121:9366
PW - None set (yet).

Nerdgasm of corse is who I am, Psepheryx is in there a bit too... So if you ever wanted to know what we're doing, or when we get it in beta, if you wanted to report bugs quicker, join up and say hello...

~~Nerdgasm

~~~~Server Information~~~~

We've perfected the classes we wanted to do, had a snag with a disc that was causing server crash repeatedly. Next is scripts, spells and finalize.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Happy Halloween everyone in the EQEMU Community.

We've done some updates and upgrades, we had a huge problem that we've resolved and have now rectified. DEV is back in swing for Uthra. We're doing spells now. A updated list of things that are done(spell wise and update wise), is located on our website. under our Change Log as well as our forums.

There is a posted - 'TO DO' list as well, so you can see about where we're at as far as progression goes. We apologize for the delay this has caused and for BETA testers we will be offering some kind of reward to show we care.

Thank you.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

clicky not working.

Site Not Published
The site you are looking for has not been published
If you are the owner of the site, you can fix this message by publishing your site to this address.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Sendoste
Fire Beetle

The link under the speed test works. =)
Old 11-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Opps, I must have typed it wrong. xD

This is our website.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I see what I did wrong with the link, heh. =). Anyway. We're getting there.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

BEFORE READING! We've changed our forums, they are WAY better now. The weebly ones were killing me so we made it pro.boards a little registration is required, but whatever, won't kill you. =P.

~~UPDATED FORUMS HERE~~

DEV Nightmare can never figure out if a spell is good enough or not... So, we've done the next best thing. Instead of having 8 different spells doing the same thing but one a little better then the other, we're naming spells to have RANKS Next to them (Thank you Jahar). An example;

Rebuke I -- Adds 500 Hate
Rebuke II -- Adds 700 Hate
Rebuke III -- Adds 900 Hate

So on and so fourth. Spells will drop in zones, as you may have figured by now.

So now the question is, with spells being done this way, will this server really start you at at level 50? Or not. This is being debated on and there will be a place to voice your opinion either here or on our forums. The reason it's up for discussion instead of staying it way it was, doing spells this way opens a LOT of advancement and makes things a ton easier, example;

You could be in a zone leveling, you hit level 10 and go to the next zone, the first mob drops; 'Spell Token 1-10' you're thinking 'hmm, now I don't have to go back and farm those spells I was missing!' and BAM 1-10 is learned once you turn it in, same thing goes for the next zone and the zone after. It would stop at 50 where they would turn into Tier spells, and you would have to earn the spell scrolls... Anyway, that's still being talked about, but not until after beta. Beta everyone will be 50 and farming gear in Tier//Normal zones. (Since it's Z1, Z2 and T1 on Beta open). Everyone will know after all of the content has been tested what the final decision will be. =).

We aren't *PLANNING* on a char wipe after beta? But if it happens, people will know before hand, and you WILL be granted some 'Oh look you helped us in beta' stuff. :P
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

10-14-13 UPDATE

We would like to inform everyone that there we be an alpha test coming very, very soon. During alpha you will have access to the following.

There are 2 different factions that you can choose from, however to start balancing we are releasing Destruction slightly early.

The Destruction Hub Zone.
All Destruction Classes.
All zones up to Tier 1.
All the spells up to Tier 1.
All the gear up to Tier 1.

Please note that we are testing mob difficulty and balancing classes. This is not a release version, nor a final piece. Please note as since this is alpha, we encourage you to try and break things and report any bugs or exploits you might find. Your help will be rewarded when the full version is released. There will be rewards for the alpha testers and rewards for the beta testers. However, they will not be the same.

We will keep you informed to the start date of this Alpha Phase I.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

I would like to take this moment to introduce the spells for Rune-Caster. I will not be sharing what each spell does in terms of numbers. However, this is what I will share. Spells are broken into ranks. (I, II, III, etc.) Each rank will, of course, be better than the previous.

Rune-Caster Spells

Writ of Cold
-Effect 1: Direct Damage

Scribe’s Sparks
-Effect 1: Spell Damage

Distracting Words
-Effect 1: Area of Effect

Writ of Hope
-Effect 1: HP Buff
-Effect 2: Mana Buff

Fiery Ridicule
-Effect 1: Direct Damage
-Effect 2: Damage over Time

Frozen Epilogue
-Effect 1: Snare

Word of Exaltation
-Effect 1: Intelligence Buff

All spells are done. After we do a couple more tests we’ll be ready to go! We’ll keep you posted!

Jahar
Old 11-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Couple things to drop by here;

We are ATTEMPTING to make this friendly to those titanium users, about 98% of the spells WILL work for titanium, some illusions may not, and as far as I know, all of the zones are titanium friendly so far. I do know that Uthra's zone IS NOT titanium friendly. We may branch off and make a titanium friendly Uthra. This is up for discussion, still.

We still have our votes on the forums for if you want to stay at level 50 or not AFTER Beta. Please visit our forums and vote, or you can wait till you play Alpha and see how things go. Below is how we are going to do it;

Alpha P.1 - Will be finished once we get Destruction items and spells finished. - ~85% done.
Alpha P.2 - Will be finished once Balance zones get balanced (no pun intended) and spells done. - ~45% done.
Beta - Beta will consist of up to Tier 1 with Epic 1.0 progression open, as well as some World Bosses, set up COMPLETELY custom PER developer. (Meaning, one boss may be almost impossible to beat, while the other one could be to easy...) - ~20% done.
LIVE - When the server is LIVE it will be 7 tiers of progression with other zones to progress in, multiple world bosses, Epic 1.0 - Epic 2.0, and Uthra. ~5% done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All of the above information is found on our website, as well...

We are planning a 'expansion' so to speak, once Uthra is downed as to not make it a server where you kill Uthra and that's everything you have to do, which we do not assume will be done quickly, as her abilities make her a VERY challenging boss. The ideas with the expansion will be realized when players get closer to Uthra on our website.

I apologies for not posting before now, I had gotten accepted into Hearthstone Beta, and I wanted to see what it was like. It's fun. But I think EQEMU Developing will take priority for now. =).