Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Default UI turned off in Tutorial zones

Whenevr you enter tutorial zones (like Tutoriala) good portion of your interface windows turns off (dissapears off the screen) and have to be turned back on manualy.

anyway to stop game from doing that? its getting very annoying
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

That sounds like an issue with your client... Anyone else reporting it? I've never seen it happen myself.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:14 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

Just guessing but this could be done by the client. I remember on live not being able to use a custom UI on a new character until I zoned out of tutorialb. I found a way around this by pasting the custom UI over the default one.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:11 PM
mplayer254
Sarnak

Has anyone been able to find out why the interface parts are turned off upon entry? I have done some testing and it seems to only affect the ui in tutoriala, not tutorialb. The parts that are always missing for me are the compass, group info, hot key bars (both sets shown on default settings are gone in tutoriala), spells bar and target window. Sadly, I am not a coder at all and all I could really poke around was DB settings, all of which seem to be fine. Anyone have any clue what's going on here? I have tried pasting custom interfaces but it is hit or miss depending on the new ui and I really like the default ui regardless.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

I have a guess for the cause of this...

When you create a character on live the toon is sent to TutorialA. Upon zoning in you have to hail Aries (sp?) and click through a few pop ups. I think those parts of the UI turn on after clicking Ok on the popups.

I cannot test this theory atm since I am at work.