Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM
rdnck
Fire Beetle

meh...every time I log in, as soon as I open my spellbook, or sit to med, my character falls unconcious, I get a * you are bleeding to death * message and I have to go thru my task manager to log out...pretty annoying...this is on a clean install of Underfoot, it works fine on PEQ, dunno what's up, but your server is unplayable for me because of it. /shrug
Old 11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

the server most likely uses a custom spell file which you are missing
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

The server does *not* use any custom spell files, I'm not sure what your issue could be..
Strange for sure..
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Davood
Discordant

There are no custom files.

I have only tested with titanium. sof and sod though

What is your character name?
Old 11-17-2012, 01:09 AM
rdnck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
There are no custom files.

I have only tested with titanium. sof and sod though

What is your character name?
Gitter- lvl 1 halfling ranger - Karana

...as soon as I sit for any reason...try to camp, or mem my single lvl 1 spell, it doesn't matter...I fall unconcious, and get the " You are bleeding to death " message which makes it impossible to log out normally...this is why he's still lvl 1, and still in the GH...

I think I have a copy of SoD around here somewhere...I'll do a clean install in a separate folder with it and see if that makes a difference...I figured UF was allowed on most of the servers...Titanium is WAY too limited in features, imo, and shouldn't even still be an issue these days.../shrug...
Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Davood
Discordant

That is still very strange there are plenty of uf players on my server
in other news. i have finished implementing an item courier
Old 11-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Davood
Discordant

Two big updatea
Monster races have been fixed. Equipped items work now.. and i figured out i will do some cool stuff with the player profile at the same.time aa learning a tiny bit more about c++

also.the test.server will be online tomorrow. if people can connect to it then the server will be moved to it as i have fixed loot lag on the test server
Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
amenda
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the hard work Davood. Very nice server, epspecially if you can fix the "loot lag" problem which is my number 1 complaint. Ive been logging in when I can but have not caught you online, and I wondered about playing the monster races which intrigues me.

Will monster races always just be cosmetic skins, or will there be abilities/restrictions etc? Will there be a racial charm for each monster just like the other races? At the moment my halfling ranger becoming dragon still has her halfling/bristlebain charm equipped with all those bonuses.

Could the charm become the base of more monster like bonuses/penalties? The dragon charm might give great melee boosting stats, hps, ac etc, and have a clicky dragon breath for example. To balance this out the charm could block certain slots from equipping anything--for example weapons. I know blocking out all item equipping would make it too boring to play a monster in a loot centric game, but blocking out some and balancing off the power of the charm may be a good way to make monsters different from normal players.

So a dragon might have very powerful charm-granted abilities, but half its equip slots or something might be blocked. A goblin, on the other hand, might have minor charm granted abilities, but can equip every slot etc.

Those were some of my ideas. I was curious what you were planning for it, or if it was just going to stop at cosmetic change--which would not be very attractive in my opinion, since with the monster skin you never see anything you equip unlike the basic races. So hopefully the monsters can be a different play experience than normal characters.

Some more classic monster ideas:

Mind flayers--charm grants a buff that gives them a chance for massive crit if meleeing a stunned enemy. Melee attacks have a chance to proc an aoe stun like color slant or something. Charm gives them negative hps and stamina, but gives immunity to mind effects and major magic and elemental resistance bonuses. That is how I remember illithids from dungeons and dragons.

Beholder--Charm ability summons a "throwing" weapon whose graphic looks like a light ray or bolt or something. These "throws" have a chance to proc a wide variety of damaging effects--dd, dots, stuns, mez, charm, pushback, fear, debuffs, even instant death. Powerful, but a wild monster to play as the random factor could get you into deadly trouble in certain places.

Just a few random ideas of how you might flesh out the variety of characters you can play on your server. Its already great and getting better day by day!

Hallyjade
Old 11-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Davood
Discordant

Im looking into almost.exactly.what you have suggested

typing from phone so bear with me

I am researching what functions and.methods already exist.. for now size differences and.flying and movement speed will be used as base dofferentiaton.. as some monsters will have one or more of those efects

also i want to addbsuch things as swarm procs from fungoids and poison procs from bixies etc

ultimately ill try and.implement nrw things serverside... which ill share of course
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
Davood
Discordant

I willbsee about feasibility.of.your suggestions thank you for taking the time tobplay on ky servern
Old 11-20-2012, 07:16 AM
amenda
Fire Beetle

Looking forward to trying some of these out. Always have wanted an expansion on the kinds of characters one can play, and alakamin will be the best for that.

Making and balancing 17 monster character races seems daunting. Wish I could help in some way since I'm an enthusiast for it, but all I know of coding is mucking around with modding my old baldur's gates game.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Davood
Discordant

There are 24 monster races. thst number is tripled.for bot races (coming soon)
Differentuation is in now... i just need to update the permabffs and it will be done

best part?

Stlli no client changes required
Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

since moving to the new server

I havnt been able to connect yet , it just keeps sending me back to Login page
Old 11-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Davood
Discordant

that is odd, two people ARE connected and online... what is wrong i wonder.. i am using the same files, same everything.. only thing that has changed is the external ip address of the server and the hardware running it.

I could try running it off the other network and use the old ip address..????? that doesn't make any sense though

the error im getting in the world log is

unable to resolve stream before connect.

never seen that one before.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Davood
Discordant

now quests just stopped working on their own.. multiple restarts no quest restart. also nothing in the log dir.. wtf?