Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Default Abyss Server

Server is based on Peq and modified from there to suit need. I suggest the use of the underfoot client for this server other clients will work but design will be done from the underfoot client. Many changes have been made to make the server solo able. The main zone and starting zone is the plane of knowledge allowing players to move around the world easily. Several npc's have been modified in pok like 1 of every guild master was moved to the bank and several other npcs where also moved there a custom vender a soul binder a buff bot a skill setter ect. each player is given a huge bag of plat for starting cash along with there normal start items. all pets have had there regent requirements removed for convenience. many items have been and continue to be modified and or fixed to work properly and or better. database backups are done regularly after updates have been checked to be working properly. many features are still in the works only time will tell my ability's are formidable including database management programming graphics design the list continues all the skills required to run a server.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

the bot feature was finally fixed it seems to be working but Ive noticed a lot pf zone crashing. so im disabling bots for a couple of days to see if there to blame. if there to blame they will remain disabled for stability resins. many other issues have also been corrected so far most problems Ive been made aware of have been resolved.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

expected server down time later today for about a hour for installation of server hardware (new cooling system).http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065
I will try to offer some documentation of the (happenings / work that has been done / ect) on the server here on the forums.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Server hardware upgrade move to today due to delivery issues. bots have been enabled again as zone crashing still happen with them disabled. server logs have been enabled to further investigate zone crashing. several issues resolved from found errors in logs.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Server hardware installation complete system is running cold now stable 25C with all 4 cores enabled as compared to stock cooling based 40C with only 2 cores enabled and over 55C with all 4 enabled triggering the main board to auto power off at 55C. its also super super quiet the fan is running at 500rpms compared to 5000rpms with stock that was not even cooling it enough.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

This guy is talking to himself....

Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

over 220 thread views is hardly talking to my self.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Mystykyl
Fire Beetle

I've personally been following it. Some seem to be a bit too aggressive on here. Need to welcome and encourage others, not be unkind. Least that's my opinion on how to protect and grow the EQ community.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Wasn't being a douche, was making a "joke" /gasp, the reason theres over 200 views is because people have thought that this server is Zebuxoruuk remake.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Mystykyl
Fire Beetle

My daily ritual is this site > new posts link, fb, reddit and gmail every morning. I like seeing all of the progress as well as servers coming, and sadly going just as fast. I've recently created my own server so I can start messing with things and hopefully help others when they ask questions about changing db stuff.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:19 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Still keeping a eye open but im confidant ive finally resolved the crashing problem.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:11 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

some update notes
many items have been tweaked or fixed.
bots have been re-enabled and tested working.
several custom npcs have been updated.
#peqzone command has been enabled for all.
a few characters found to be erroring out the server have been removed (players effected may request to be relvled as compensation).
guilds have been tested and are working several have begun to take shape.
if you find something that needs to be fixed let me know ill add it to the list.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:58 PM
jackyl666
Fire Beetle

Default Bot limit?

How many bots can you have all together, and how many can you have spawned at one time?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyl666 View Post
How many bots can you have all together, and how many can you have spawned at one time?
you can create 10 total and you can spawn 5 at one time.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:33 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Zone integrity check completed 500 zones checked 48 where locked due to complications 452 available and verified to be working.