Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Yanedanielle
Fire Beetle

Default Help! Logging on doesn't work for me

I followed each step provided in the thread about setting eqemu up. I made the patchme shortcut and even used the eqhost file provided. However, when I double click on my eqemu shortcut, I am thrown immediately into the EULA screen where I have to accept or decline. When I click 'accept' (which I don't think I should even have to according to other posts I've read), I go to the login screen. I put in my login and password and get this error message:

Quote:
The version of messaging being used is not the same between client and server. This is most likely the result of the client and/or server having been patched. Please try re-patching the client in order to correct this issue.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I followed the How To step by step. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:47 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

When was the last time you patched to live? There might have been a recent patch that isn't compatible with the EMU.....

And yes, I believe you still have to click accept at the EULA screen....

SEARCH It's your friend
Old 12-14-2004, 11:10 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltlruss
When was the last time you patched to live? There might have been a recent patch that isn't compatible with the EMU.....
people were able to get on after the latrest patch as far as i know, if its broke let me know and i will reflect this in the tutorial

Quote:
And yes, I believe you still have to click accept at the EULA screen....
unless you go in and change it yourself =)
Old 12-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Zengez
Hill Giant

Got alot of people askin about this, and all 4 of the people i know IRL i've helped have had this problem... and it's always been (so far to my experience) that they weren't actually patched to live when they thought they were... dunno how many other people have this problem or if it's just a fluke of nature to the people i know, but everytime they patched, and gotten all the way to the end, right up to being able to try and login to the actual EQ-Live servers.... they still aren't fully patched; they run the patcher again, and it has more files to download.... then run the patcher again, and yet more patches to download... had to do it 7 times myself on one of my boxes to actually get everything....

So, just a thought to try, maybe it is maybe it isn't, but keep re-running patcher to live until it successfully starts up, runs through, finds nothing to patch, then continues on with the game to the chance to login...