Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bugs

Development::Bugs Bug reports which have been deemed true bugs, so they dont get lost elsewhere.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:36 AM
eqfenam
Fire Beetle

Default cyclops heads

Just curious.. I have searched the forums both here and on Angelox's site and nothing much has been mentioned about all giants having cyclops heads.. I have tried changing a few values in the npc_types table to no avail... is there a fix for it yet? if not, is anyone currently working on a fix? not really a big issue, just a bit annoying is all.. hehe
Old 01-28-2007, 07:47 AM
solid11
Discordant

meaning giants dropping cyclops heads as loot or gfx wise? if its gfx, the giants i have seen in commons, kael and other places have correct gfx.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:31 PM
eqfenam
Fire Beetle

not the loot... the gfx.. I saw post about it from a while back and never found much of a follow up on it... however I an still having the problem in oasis, everfrost, permafrost, rathe, etc... I suppose I should mention, I am running build 945 with Angelox's 21g database and quests... either way, I have gone into the database and altered some settings to try to fix this, but had no luck... the table entries look to be correct. Hence why I was wondering if there was a fix in progress or perhaps one that was already out..
Old 01-28-2007, 01:59 PM
solid11
Discordant

Well I'm using 945 with PEQ and checked those zones and all is fine with the giants. Can't say the same for Angel's though. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:00 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

There is something in npc_types that needs to be changed. I haven't had time to investigate what but I have determined the bug was caused by the mob being incorrectly parsed when it was converted from live logs to a sql. (I can only assume using EQBuilder) I have replaced many mobs with incorrect heads (the best are the backwards ones!) in PEQ with ones from my db. But as I said I haven't had time to figure out what the differences are.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:46 PM
eqfenam
Fire Beetle

awesome... atleast it is a recognized issue... if a fix can be generated for it, I'd love to implement it into my db and pass it along
thanx guys
Old 02-18-2007, 05:23 PM
kovouau
Fire Beetle

I know ... smack me for reviving an old post.... but did this ever get resolved?.

I was thinking that maybe it is just the helm textures that need to be corrected?
Old 02-18-2007, 05:44 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yeah, just helm textures. I saw a bunch that were texture 31 which as far as I can tell is not a valid EQEmu texture.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I'm wondering if anyone solved this riddle yet? seems helmtexture is not working at least on the giants - I was playing with textures on the giants in permafrost; texture works fine, but helmtexture is what doesn't change. If you look into the sd3 file, you'll see all giant models are there (heads too), and you can can change texture to any type "old world" giant - just can't change the head.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:48 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

This problem is even more tricky than previous thought... It's at least partially a client issue. A had looked through PEQ and found no weird heads anymore, I figured changing the helmtexture got them all. A player reported a funny head in Everfrost I think it was so I went to his position. Oddly enough, the player saw a cyclops head, and I saw the normal ice giant head. I was using the 0.6.2 client at the time, I haven't had a chance to go back with Titanium.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I figured it might have worked before with the older clients, as I couldn't find much on it - might actually be in the source looking in the wrong places for the textures that Titanium changed?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Willaena
Fire Beetle

On PEQ this weekend I saw a hill giant with a cyclops head.

This is running titanium. I have not fired up the 6.2-compatible client to check the textures.

Willaena (Lynet on PEQ)
Old 03-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I haven't checked yet, but I'm betting Titanium clients only pose the cyclops heads on all textures, in any zone. I wished I saved my old 6.2 client for comparing, might have a back up somewhere.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I've been fooling around with older clients and this definitely is a "Titanium" client problem. Older 6x clients do not show these glitches.
I'll move this thread over to the bug-report areas, so the Devs might-can see it.
Edit;
As far as I've seen, this includes misplaced heads on giant models (Permafrost Ice Giant for one), and "twisted" heads on some npc's (Qeynos guards, erudite vendors, etc.)

Last edited by Angelox; 03-22-2007 at 05:07 AM..
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I agree the misplaced heads seem to be a client only issue, however the twisted heads are indeed a helmtexture issue. When PEQ first sourced in POK it was loaded with twisted heads, visible using both 0.6.2 and Titanium. This was being caused by mobs with a helmtexture of 31 (why they were I have no idea, they were collected that way) I changed it to 0 or 1 and their heads appeared correctly on both clients. Now there of course may be other cases of twisted heads, but this method has corrected all I have seen on PEQ thus far.