Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 AM
number6
Sarnak

Default Bard AA's on SoD

Hi

I've recreated my old (live) 65th level bard with all his equipment having found that he still had a Magelo profile and have been enjoying revisiting some old haunts on my private server. I've found a couple of issues with AAs (I am using the steam SoD client - the original one when it appeared, not the recent repatched one).

1) Boastful bellow will only fire if I'm not singing something. I am (fairly) sure that it could be activated at any time on live, even while in the middle of twisting.

2) Fading Memories appears to do nothing. I get a caster animation and see that spell 5243 is attempted to be cast, but I don't go invis, and don't lose any mana. I also think the same issue as 1) is present, i.e. I should be able to fade while singing something else but cannot. I see the code has, in AA.cpp,
Code:
Message(0,"Sorry Fading Memories not working YET");
but I don't get that message on the client...

I want to get this working, and I am a coder by profession though haven't done C++ for aeons, but before I start messing around I wanted to ask what the state of play of this was with the devs and whether anyone was already working on it. I saw a note from KLS saying she was working through the issues but nothing after that and I do appreciate that there are always amazing amounts of work to be done
Old 09-24-2010, 10:43 PM
sorvani
Dragon

I play on PEQ TGC and Fading Memories does work as long as you are not singing.

My bard is still a couple AA from getting it, but other bards in the guild have told me to get it because it does work.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:35 PM
afallweb
Fire Beetle

Default bump

bump this fading memories still does not work properly,

-- costs mana --
-- works anytime/ cast anytime --
-- does not fd you --
-- instant de-aggro..... with spells hitting you , reaggro of those mobs and those mobs in range --

i think its 1 sec recast time or such

boastful bellows work anytime even in the middle of a song or twist

eq's /melody works just like /twist mq style except /twist works with missed notes?

exultant bellowing doesnt give u an aa hotkey

plz fix bards
Old 05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
sorvani
Dragon

bards have lots of problems. but fading memories does now drop aggro and invis and cost mana.

pretty much all bard AA need to be activated after a /stopsong. Has to do with the casting and song systems not playing nice with each other. same to use a clicky effect.