Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good idea?
Yes 104 86.67%
No 16 13.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Speedz
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveren
Noice, mark all whitetrash-tornadobate servers as undedicated.
Hey now lol, it says to the left that yer in Wisconsin :-P

I am too heh we get our share of tornado fun, just not like those to the south
Old 10-14-2004, 01:17 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

really not wanting to get off subject here and once again I do appologize Lethal but the question I asked was not answered and that was , what exactly do i have to do to get mine on the green server list? who would I have to talk to or what do I have to do , btw Soto where did you buy the diesel generator and how much room do I need for it?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-14-2004, 01:23 PM
sotonin
Demi-God

lol i didnt buy a diesel generator.

The datacenter where my server is housed has one and is hooked up to multiple OC-XX whatever lines directly to multiple internet backbones. Thats how all the *good* datacentres are.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:45 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri
really not wanting to get off subject here and once again I do appologize Lethal but the question I asked was not answered and that was , what exactly do i have to do to get mine on the green server list? who would I have to talk to or what do I have to do , btw Soto where did you buy the diesel generator and how much room do I need for it?
I have seen this question a LOT, and it took over a year for Scorpious2k to get green and that was with 99% uptime and a large player base. May not be so hard now, but i would think it would take a few months of being up with very little downtime.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Cutter
Sarnak

mattmeck is correct.. a server should be around for awhile to be in the green and the qualifications are just that.. uptime

Im sure everyone here knows how frustrating it can be to start a char on a server.. log on. and say to themselves.. hey what a great server.. then build thier char.. find nice stuff.. meet other players.. and then 3 days later.. omg !!! the server is gone..

noone really wants to do that.. it can be very annoying.. so player now has to go to yet another server.. one thing the eqemu community knows is that tomorrow.. scorp and wr and peq is still around.. i am still hoping i can get that respect with my server as well....
Old 10-15-2004, 01:25 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Yes i understand all of that . But who decides ai have been up long enough and stable enough and dedicated enough to become eligible for green status?? can I have my players that have been on my server along time send a petition of some sort ?

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-15-2004, 01:36 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

That is one of the problems that this new server registration will fix. In the stats page we can determine how long a server has been up, uptime percentage, users, etc. Right now there is no real process for green servers unfortunately. What server do you run?
Old 10-15-2004, 01:48 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Server is the same as my website sig, Fates Destiny how long before this registration process is in effect? it looks like its got all the votes it needs , please check out my website to see how devoted me and my staff are to this, check the bugs forum and see how fast we respond or check out Fates Realm on the main webpage to see how involved we are, we are not doing all of this work to just drop it tomorrow , Also it is a 5.7DR6 server. I have put together a whole zone just for Halloween and will be doing the same for other holidays, drop in on it and check it out for yourself. I invite anyone that may be the one to vote on green names to try it out . Oh and one more thing , its all about quests, we get alot of people asking what is custom about it, Well it is the quests , there are many and all different from live.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-15-2004, 02:11 AM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer

Yah I understand that, talk to me on irc some time. I'm aways on just pm me when your available. I might be afk just I will respond when I get back. Some of the stats that me and Doodman will be working on wont be available with old versions, unless you specifically make the changes necessary and recompile. So the new servers will have more information displayed than the old ones.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Dougnutz
Fire Beetle

I am for the idea of creating some sort of catalog list of servers. Big thumbs up
Old 10-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Boeaz
Fire Beetle

Big thumbs up from Australia. We are a family who love what you guys are doing. We don't think we see all the servers available unless you guys leave them running overnight (your time).
Old 11-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer

I have a page made for registrations, I havent made a page to get the information and display it yet, but for any of you who want to register early I have it available here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/server_reg.php
Old 11-07-2004, 02:38 AM
-Kumadar-
Fire Beetle

Good idea