Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:10 AM
DaveClarkpf
Fire Beetle

Default Retort to eq players who are against eqemu..

I've read several threads on other boards where eq players rant about people who use eqemu. It honestly pissed me off.. Thank you mods/devs. eqemu is quite the blessing that I was not expecting to find... Well if I can ever get my servers up and running heh.

---------------------------------------------------

Reasons I do not play eq.

EQ is entirely geared towards keeping their higher level player base.

From 0 to 60, you can buy any item you loot in the bazaar for a couple plat.

Long lasting spells like temp make leveling(with a group) at lower levels trival.

Uber items that you have sought after for so long(like the epics), become trash with the each expansion.

A cleric should be just as powerful as a beast lord. BALANCE THE DAMN CLASSES!

Newly added zones give more experience than olders zones. So... how hard is it to find a group in older zones? So.. They might as well just remove them from the game. Balance the EXP given from mobs. A level 14 mob in Kurns, should give the same exp as a level 14 mob in najeena. ....

Your camped,raided,bled for whatever doesn't quite look as good when you are sitting next to other chars who bought theirs off the net for $25.

Being level 50, 60, 65, 70 used to mean something. It meant that you played the game, and knew what you were doing. With all the uber twinked massively over buffed chars it doesn't mean as much. Ah they don't even have to bother leveling from 1 to 60.. They can buy a 70 for $100.

Divide servers by age group... That way all the thirteen year olds can KS each other to their hearts content.

I used to play eq, because the game was difficult. When you finally got that uber piece of loot for your character, it felt like an uber piece of loot. Other people would walk by and ooh aah.. Those days are long gone, never to return. Thanks to sites like playerauctions.com.

--------------------

Would I pay .. $30? $40? to play an eq that had most of those issues fixed? You betcha.

Do I feel sorry for the big bad multibillion dollar company because they are losing customers? No. They did it to themselves. They've ruined the game I used to enjoy oh so much. Do I feel bad, because I'm planning on running an eqemu server? Hell no. I want to play the game I've purchased..

Dave Clark
Old 07-31-2005, 07:41 AM
\_Herbus_/
Fire Beetle

Default ..

They are the fools. The silly silly fools, especially the ones with compassion for Sony and disdain for EQEmu.

Let's compare it to addictive substances:

On one side, we have people still smoking cocaine freebase (EQLive), no matter how much they do, it's not going to be enough.

On the other side, we have people who have abondoned that addiction for one of (generally) lower adverse effects... people taking psychedelics.

EQLive is cocaine-freebase that you must purchase from a dealer, to whom you are indebted and under the control of.

EQEMU are Psilocybian mushrooms, which you find growing outside in the rainy season (depending on location), but you get the point.

And mushrooms are way more fun and safe (physiologically) than cocaine freebase. Oh, and they're cheaper, even free! HAHA!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:37 PM
wize_one
Dragon

EQ Live cant even get their billing shit working right..:

Dear EverQuest Subscriber,

In mid-May, 2005, we advised you via email, patch message and website announcement that the EverQuest subscription rates would be increasing in June, 2005. We announced that the new pricing would be:

1 Month: $14.99
3 Month: $41.97
6 Month: $77.94
12 Month: $143.88

Due to a billing error, SOE undercharged you on any subscription cycles that were processed since the new pricing went into effect. Accordingly, SOE will be processing a one-time additional charge to your credit card for the difference. This small additional charge will appear on your next credit card statement.

Thank you for your understanding; we sincerely apologize for our error. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact customer service.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:50 AM
DaveClarkpf
Fire Beetle

That's just insane.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:20 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I wonder if you could tell your credit card company you have no idea what that charge stemmed from
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:33 PM
iamjooish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveClarkpf

Reasons I do not play eq.
great, except I don't think many people are compelled or obliged to your niche concerns. I don't think account buyers are the most saintly or mature people on the planet either, but if you decide to quit because someone's cheapened your pixel-filled achievements, maybe you should stick to just running the servers. I know verant purposefully designed their game for the obsessive playstyle, still...
Personally, I have no pity for the subset of gamers who dwell on their virtual achievements, and imagine most game developers are the same way.

plenty of other reasons to spit at SOE, anyhow.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:00 AM
canehdian
Sarnak

Yea but josh you have to remember something SOE did have a good game, brought 90% of us fun, some were addicted like mindless drones but it got boring and all of us have awsome creativity and thats why were here to create something different out of a game we had so much fun with, and most EQ and SOE people dont understand that.

Server Op of A server in development! =D

formerly A fire inside
Old 08-04-2005, 06:17 AM
Krikk
Fire Beetle

Default Billing

"EQ Live cant even get their billing shit working right..:"

Word. I canceled my account from my dad's credit card in 2001 (before i had my own) and started using a prepaid game card, then started using my own visa when I finally got one.
SOE charged both my card and my dad's card for the same months and the same account. I compiled both of our credit statements and sent them to my dad's credit company, and they didn't charge him. But SOE's only reply was some unrelated automated garbage.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

SoE is a piece of trash. They are the scum of the gaming world. Low life asswhipes that do not know how to treat customers and how to run a business. I haven't seen a GM on for over a year... There customer support is trash. They never have any real answers. Just enough to make you shut up and leave them alone. They are shit. I hope that whole damn business goes bankrupt... and I hope EQEmu is one of the reasons it does.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:02 AM
wize_one
Dragon

GM's-Guides were slimmed way down about a year ago, they outsourced their CS to some company where 90%+ have never even heard of let alone played EQ. you get predefined cut and pastes back from them when you do a petition.

you could probably annouce that you area cheating in ooc and have 50 people report it and have nothing happen.. as long as those 50 people dont quit sony doesnt care
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 08-07-2005, 07:36 AM
iamjooish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by canehdian
Yea but josh you have to remember something SOE did have a good game, brought 90% of us fun, some were addicted like mindless drones but it got boring and all of us have awsome creativity and thats why were here to create something different out of a game we had so much fun with, and most EQ and SOE people dont understand that.
THe key focus being that it was attractive to an elite few players and maybe a good socializing environ to everyone else. Personally, I'm all for eqlive the way it is now (with it's formerly-elite items that go for a couple plat now in bazaar), I just wish everyone didn't abandon it for lineage or WoW. Then again, getting rid of all the narcissistic planes raiders couldn't be a bad thing.

What's more, I could have told you SoE was scum back in 2000, 2001... when things like "working as intended" and " take a damn number blabla" were tossed around like crazy. There was that Gordon Wrinn, who would bring the 'visions' to the public. Can't argue with his infallible logic, ha!

For those years, SoE's company line could have been "screwing over the little players and raking in piles o' money".
Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 PM
lordnoob
Sarnak

Angry

Why should clerics be just as powerful as beastlords???? Certain classes are more powerful in combat plan and simple! It should be that way...
Old 08-12-2005, 03:30 PM
stefann
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wize_one
GM's-Guides were slimmed way down about a year ago, they outsourced their CS to some company where 90%+ have never even heard of let alone played EQ. you get predefined cut and pastes back from them when you do a petition.

you could probably annouce that you area cheating in ooc and have 50 people report it and have nothing happen.. as long as those 50 people dont quit sony doesnt care
I agree have you seen the incoherient assholes advertising EQ hacks that let you /zone and all of that. Jeez, they ruin the fucking game. I pay every month to play a game with what is supposed to be constantly evolving content and all that, yet everything these days you need a expansion pack otherwise you can't play the new quests. And the whole Guild Hall pisses me off, I don't own DoN so I can't use it. In my opinion it isn't fair, the guildd bank and all that should be available to everyone, they just want you to fork out the money so they can get more profit, they make me sick. But I have a subscription and recently got the game so I have the latest patch, I'm wating for EQEmu to become live compatible again, than I shall always hit the cancel button on the patcher, and why should I download the DoD zones until EQEmu is compatible with them anyways, and I won't buy it anyways, so yea, why should i patch.
Old 08-13-2005, 04:56 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

I wonder what would happen if you closed your account right after the undercharging...
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:35 AM
runya
Fire Beetle

wow, while its not all to suprising to hear what people think of verant, or whatever the hell they call themselves now, its definitely odd that they have only gotten worse. I played EQ when it first came out, was addicted for 3 years, quit in 2001, and havent gone back since, although i had played on the early ashran EQ emu's for a few months (till it broke and the project was abandoned).

While the general conensus is that SOE is a greedy, customer screwing company, my biggest problem with the live servers was that they (used to at least) enforce strict christian PC morals concerning p2p interaction. I actually had an account banned because some GM didnt like what i had to say, which is the end-all of pathetic when it is ME who is giving THEM money. I played these games to get away from the hate-filled christian ideologies, but there it was thrown back into my face.

But $15 a month charge for playing? how can they legitamitely charge that much? soon their going to be asking for a broadband equalivalent charge just to play. Decentralized servers work just as fine as their centralized ones, and paying for their bandwidth is about as stupid as paying for ebay's bandwidth everytime you buy something off their site.

Either way, its comforting in a way to know that im not missing out on anything by not playing EQ. I had a RL friend who played alot, he told me recently that the economy has gone to shit, that platinum isnt worth anything because people are buying it by the 100k's for $$$, and that most of the uber loot is NODROP. He also told me that every uber character is essentially a god, that their was some planar level where the characters had to swim through a tunnel of lava to reach the other side, and that all the uber's could do it easily.

I just remember when it was about how good you worked as a group to take down vox or some other worldly beast, but now that each character is practically invincible, theirs really no point in trying. They should have never allowed characters to take down a god much less fight all these abstract enemies they've introduced now. after all, when you kill a god, dont you become one? reguardless, it seems verant has worked itself into a corner.

sorry for the rant, had to get that off my chest.