Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
valthalion
Fire Beetle

Default which client to get....

I have read the getting started, and some other posts, and have two basic questions.

Is there any difference to EQemu whether or not I have the Titanium of SoF clients?

SoD...from Steam...can that be used or not? I get the idea that i "can", but its not a good idea? SoD is the easiest to obtain, as it can be downloaded, but i would rather get the client that is going to work best, even if that means enduring a snail mail wait.

===

Followup question. Expansions. I have several on CD so how does one get more epxansions for EQemu? Can I use the ones i have on CD? Do i pay the extra bucks for Titaniium disc version and get all 10? What expansions does Secrets of Faydwer come with?

thanks in advance, Jeff
Old 07-20-2010, 06:41 AM
trevius
Developer

Well Titanium is still usable on all servers even if they use old code or code that splits off of the main source code of the project. SoF is a bit unstable, so don't get that. SoD is usable for most servers and is by far the best over-all client as far as features and content and is the most stable.

Unfortunately there is no legal way to get the version of SoD that was from steam anymore as they updated it to Live.

Also, none of your expansion CDs are useful at all for EQEmu. The clients we use are all-in-one clients that include every previous expansion.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:12 PM
valthalion
Fire Beetle

Thank you for your help.

I have obtained a copy of Titanium. Am working on getting a Login Server Account with the goal of playing on 1999.

thanks, Jeff