Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Default Server Question

Quick question any servers classic-luclin that allows 1-5 bots or mercs? Or even a stock server no custom content other then maybe a spell scriber and bots/mercs? I just want to play at my own pace and be my own strict'ish progression group.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Effective solo type servers like that would be Zippzipps. He offers that type of content with bots. Irreverent is a great solo type server with no bots. Smedleys is another solo type server as well. I would try checking any of those three.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 05-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Any server where the mobs haven't been "tuned down"? I like the flagging to open each expansion idea. But I don't care for every mob being so easy. Makes it kinda dull.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Honestly, you can't really scale anything solo without "tuning down" or increasing player damage output without making things easy and dull. To present a challenge for a solo player, makes things easy for those who box or group, and to present a challenge for groups or people who box makes things nearly impossible for those that solo, even when bots are taken into consideration.

Balance can be hard to maintain when targeting BOTH groups, the solo player and those that box on one single server. To present a 'solo' server things are going to be somewhat easy because they are geared toward what ONE person can do, not to mention adding in class balance. One class will always be more effective at soloing than another. Casters are easy to 'break' by making pets super powered and allowing spells the capabilities of one shotting a mob. While tanks with excessive mitigation and avoidance will continue to tank a mob all die while they whittle it down.

Simply stated a 'perfect' server will almost never exist. What may be perfect for you, someone else has a problem with and what someone else thinks may be perfect, might not suite your taste. Honestly its a matter of picking which server has the best pros over cons for you and investing your time there. New servers are always popping up though.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Never really stated I wanted to solo everything lol
Old 05-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

Well you did say be your own strictish progression group, which to me implied you wanted to do everything by yourself or with your bots, hence solo.

The other server that allows you bots and follows classic type feel would be Alakamin or I think even Vahalla follows that regimen, but most servers that adhere to the classic feel that allows bots contained turned down mobs, like Zippzipps.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

I'll throw my own server out there too, but you could try Pelicans's Solo/Small group progression. You get one bot in classic and another one in Velious. The monsters are mostly soloable, but the progression bosses will usually require a small group (2 or 3 people).