Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

Default Karma question

I use karma amount as a way to keep high level from wiping out newbie (classic) zones.
I can use a #gm command to change the karma amount but its just that a GM command.
What I need is a way to raise karma through a global and when the global expires the karma level returns to where it was on the player.

anyone? anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

Aardil
Old 01-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Coenxai
Hill Giant

This sounds like quite the mountain out of a molehill. Although, I guess that's a pretty big assumption from me. Maybe your server has a different zone layout where there's higher level players frequently roaming newbie areas.

Anyway, you'd probably spend much less time implementing a few zone/player <-> mob level checks. Client attack/spellcasting/aoe iteration/zone check..? Sounds fine to me.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

Where I have the issue is the fact all the "Classic" zones are flagged for the karma check.

Normally it does what it is supposed to do, keeps the high levels from wiping newbie areas.

Where the issue comes in is, I am creating special events and they take place in the classic zones.

As a special event all the players want to try it, yet if they are over level 50, they can not attack anything unless their 'karma" has been adjusted.

So the event would work for anyone under level 50 but not for anyone over 50.

If I could make the "karma GM command" (I don't even think its a GM command here) work as a global, then I could adjust the player karma when they start the event. When they do the final turn in, have the global revert the karma back to where it was.

So global would increase karma by 10000, that makes it where the over 50's can attack anything .

at end of event, global adjust karma by -10000, thus back to where the player started and can no longer attack newbie mobs.

Aardil
Old 01-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

If you have access to your source you can just create a new quest command to modify it directly. I have made several new Perl quest commands over the years, it's quite straight forward if you just follow the syntax of the existing ones.

As Coenxai said though, it looks like a lot of effort to go through.