Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
pbellows
Fire Beetle

Default Transfers from one server to another??

I'm new to these servers and I had looked around but could not find the answer. Is it possible to transfer items from one char on a server to another char on another server??
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Not unless the GM's of both servers have the desire and the know-how to import your character's data.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:54 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

arguably, it would be a terrible idea, since many servers dont restrict some or all of the GM commands.

hence you'd be able to #summon all sorts of insane gear, and then request a transfer to a "legit" server. hardly fair.

but it does raise an interesting concept where some servers, if they are running compatible versions/schemas and have comparable rules WRT to GM commands, rules sets, etc. could set up their own "swap meet" system where people could request a move.

but that would take some orchestration on many levels.

OTOH, most servers boast a considerable boost in exp per kill as well as augmented drop tables, so it can be argued, why not just start a fresh toon, spend the couple of weeks to level up to 60+ and go from there.

== sfisque
Old 11-27-2007, 07:54 AM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Or you could just pay me 50 us dollars HERE to to transfer for you !

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
pbellows
Fire Beetle

I get your point sfisque. I didn't realize most of the servers tweeked the exp amount. The only reason I was wanting to transfer some money so I could get better armor. I really don't have any on this character and people get really rude when I ask if someone has something they don't need anymore....
Old 11-30-2007, 05:18 AM
xvirus2501
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakrateri View Post
Or you could just pay me 50 us dollars HERE to to transfer for you !
lol. Great one.

Well I could see the benefit in swapping items or what not. Maybe a Script or something could be wrote to transfer from one database to another?. Thats if you own both servers and what else was mentioned above.

"4 points towards score, 2 points towards code"
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Teremarr
Fire Beetle

I was wondering... When I look in the source tree, I see CharMove in the utilities folder, but it doesn't seem to build right. I'm also thinking that there might simply be some way of selecting the necessary data (maybe through a few SQL statements to begin with) then writing them out to a text file.

Hmm... Some of the character data are blobs. That might make things hard.

Does anybody use CharMove anymore?

Teremarr
Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

I think the original poster, having mentioned that he was "new to these servers," mistakenly believed that the game servers are under the control of the core EQEmulator team. The project isn't structured that way. The core team only provides server code, updates to that code, and a connection to a public login server. Each server is run by a person or group of people that are logically independent of the emulator team and of the other servers.

Given that structure, it is unlikely that the GM of the destination server would approve the transfer of character data from a different server, especially if the destination server was a legit server. For all but the best database experts, it would be an impossible task anyways since there is no automated means to do this and would require manual manipulation of character data. Someone mentioned charmove, but that feature if functional might be intended only to move a character to a different account within the server, not to export it for use on an entirely different server.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
LargoUsagi
Fire Beetle

now on a similar concept could you make it so multiple servers use the same databases so a player could play on one server and then connect to another server and have the same character
Old 02-07-2008, 11:44 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargoUsagi View Post
now on a similar concept could you make it so multiple servers use the same databases so a player could play on one server and then connect to another server and have the same character
there absolutly NO WAY to implement such a thing.
You must keep in mind hwo DIFFIRENT the servers are (specialy the DBs)

Basicly what you asking is automatic char transfer from EverQuest 1 to WoW, from WoW to Lienage, from Lienage to EQ2.

The only way you can have char server transfer is when BOTH server are operated by same GM/Admin team. Even them the actual TIME and WORK to trasfer a char from 1 server to another BY HAND can take about 15 min, and that ONLY IF the servers have identical DBs, otherwise ater transfer you may discover than your uber sword of Death has turned into rusty bracer, cuase thats what your Sword of Death item ID corespand to on the new server
Old 02-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Mrwalsh
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayer View Post
there absolutly NO WAY to implement such a thing.
You must keep in mind hwo DIFFIRENT the servers are (specialy the DBs)

Basicly what you asking is automatic char transfer from EverQuest 1 to WoW, from WoW to Lienage, from Lienage to EQ2.

The only way you can have char server transfer is when BOTH server are operated by same GM/Admin team. Even them the actual TIME and WORK to trasfer a char from 1 server to another BY HAND can take about 15 min, and that ONLY IF the servers have identical DBs, otherwise ater transfer you may discover than your uber sword of Death has turned into rusty bracer, cuase thats what your Sword of Death item ID corespand to on the new server
No, I see what he's saying; if one GM were to run two servers with the same database..but that would be pointless, because it would be two identical servers.

But hey, I'm back, finally!