Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2006, 04:03 AM
Lucian.of.mysidia
Fire Beetle

Default Hi! Im another noob lookin for help.

server:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator

4)Hit the ok button to checkout the latest source from cvs. If you recieve a password prompt just leave it blank and hit the ok button.
5)After a few minutes the source should be completely downloaded from cvs into the directory.

Hey guys. Im a bit new here and have NO idea how to do networking. I have never even touched pearl or mysql or any of the programs required for this. I know that may already have some of you sighing and rolling your eyes. LOL But seriously, everyone has to start somewhere right?

In the above portion of a tutorial I found on the boards (here: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15803)

I get this error when I follow those steps.
cvs [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server cvs.sourceforge.net: 0: No such file or directory

Error, CVS operation failed

Is there another place to get the "source"? Are there any WORKING tutorials out there? I have seen maybe 5 or 6 and none of them are detailed enough or have broken links or I am just too dense to follow them . I would really apreciate some help. Im trying to run a small EQ server for just me and my brother who I havent seen in years. This would be a great way for us to "hang out" once in a while. I would also be open to letting anyone who helps me join us. (If such a thing interests any of you )

Please let me know.