Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
redneckraccoon
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down

Golly, I didn't get any of these so-called PM's either. Now I did read the "interesting" discussion from the minilogin issue, even posted my first post there. I admit that maybe this Lalolyen (I think this is how you spell it) comes on way too strong. He's been labeled a "drama queen" on various forums involving incedents on regular EQ because he drives his points home with a 8 pound sledgehammer instead of a normal hammer. It tends to make people ticked off to have their words thrown in their face with acid and people tend to retaliate, with and without common sense. Who knows who's right at this point, as everyone can interpret the same words different. examples of the many paths of christianity come to mind and the knowledge of 2 or more witnesses to the same occurence tell different recounts come to mind. As for the imbeciles who are sending these PM's, noone is entitled to your opinion, no matter how right you think it is. And no offense to the admins, mods and devs of this community, but I feel you may be acting just a hair childish yourselves. I've read a few of Lalo's last posts and read your responses after you closed said threads to find you are falling short of mature yourselves. The past is the past, learn from it, try not to repeat it, and sure as heck don't dwell on it.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:48 PM
TheLieka
Developer

I got one! I'm popular!

=P

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckraccoon View Post
Golly, I didn't get any of these so-called PM's either. Now I did read the "interesting" discussion from the minilogin issue, even posted my first post there. I admit that maybe this Lalolyen (I think this is how you spell it) comes on way too strong. He's been labeled a "drama queen" on various forums involving incedents on regular EQ because he drives his points home with a 8 pound sledgehammer instead of a normal hammer. It tends to make people ticked off to have their words thrown in their face with acid and people tend to retaliate, with and without common sense. Who knows who's right at this point, as everyone can interpret the same words different. examples of the many paths of christianity come to mind and the knowledge of 2 or more witnesses to the same occurence tell different recounts come to mind. As for the imbeciles who are sending these PM's, noone is entitled to your opinion, no matter how right you think it is. And no offense to the admins, mods and devs of this community, but I feel you may be acting just a hair childish yourselves. I've read a few of Lalo's last posts and read your responses after you closed said threads to find you are falling short of mature yourselves. The past is the past, learn from it, try not to repeat it, and sure as heck don't dwell on it.
Huh? Where did christianity come from? You sure you understand this situation?

For once I agree with the eqemu teams stance on this issue and this team knows I barely agree with them. Lalolyen got upset because he thought he accomplished something he did not ( cracking encryption for EQ's login server by disassembling the minilogin which contains no encryption algorithims). Not only was he told by various former developers, developers and admins of his error, he was warned after numerous posts that his attitude on the subject was getting out of hand. Simply put this guy just wanted attention and he got it, just wasn't the result he wanted.

To make matters even more interesting his attempt to fork the project is that of frustration and desperation. He is inexperienced in emulator development and the fork will ultimately fail because of his lack of people skills, lack of programming skills plus the team he is conjuring up pretty much by whomever joins his fork.

People need to stop defending Lalolyen in this matter, he is suffering the consequences of his actions.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
redneckraccoon
Fire Beetle

The part about christianity was using it as an example of people interpreting the same writing (the Bible) differently. Think mormons, baptists, presbyterians, etc. As for making it sound like I was supporting his actions, I never said or implied such, just stating facts. Please don't jump to conclusions after speed reading my reply. Wait, I take it back. That would be jumping to conclusions. I'm not trying to insult anyone. The other reason I posted was to see out of curiosity if those that were being underhanded with the Pm's would attempt to send me one. Fortunately they didn't, hopefully due to lack of interest and short attention spans.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

This post was supposed to be about receiving unwanted and unwarranted PMs NOT a support Laylying (or however you spell it) thread. If you really think she, he or whatever is in the right go over to eqcomedy.org (or whatever that site is) and show your support there, I am sure it will be appreciated over there.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-16-2007, 06:56 PM
redneckraccoon
Fire Beetle

Exclamation

For heaven's sake have anyone read my posts all the way thru before they reply? I will say it again. Please pay attention.

* I was trying to entice the idiot PMers.

* I was not supporting or discrediting Lalo, merely stating what I observed and my subsequent view upon it.

* I was trying to be somewhat civil, though it does tick me off a hair to be instantly stereotyped into a group for expressing my view while trying to satisfy my curiosity.

* I did slightly go off topic doing so. I admit fault on this.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckraccoon View Post
The part about christianity was using it as an example of people interpreting the same writing (the Bible) differently. Think mormons, baptists, presbyterians, etc. As for making it sound like I was supporting his actions, I never said or implied such, just stating facts. Please don't jump to conclusions after speed reading my reply. Wait, I take it back. That would be jumping to conclusions. I'm not trying to insult anyone. The other reason I posted was to see out of curiosity if those that were being underhanded with the Pm's would attempt to send me one. Fortunately they didn't, hopefully due to lack of interest and short attention spans.
The only part of my post that referred to your quote was:
"Huh? Where did christianity come from? You sure you understand this situation?"

Don't assume I dedicated a post just for you :P
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:57 AM
redneckraccoon
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
Huh? Where did christianity come from? You sure you understand this situation?

People need to stop defending Lalolyen in this matter, he is suffering the consequences of his actions.
These were your qoutes I had responded to. Sorry if I came off a bit rough, but it felt like you were kinda flaming me is all. The first quote made it seem as though you took my example the wrong way (it was after all ONLY an example, not an insult to anyone) and the second quote at the end of your post felt as though you felt I had picked sides. Allow me to state that I was not picking sides. I feel no ill towards you or anyone else. Two side notes, the christianity example was the only one that came to mind at that time and I haven't got a PM as of this post. Must be whoever was responsible was dealt with.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:47 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by devn00b View Post
Gee i feel left out..I didnt get an email...
Me neither. Should I be offended?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:49 PM
boogerific
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
Me neither. Should I be offended?
I could forward mine to you so you don't feel left out.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Sakrateri
Dragon

Quote:
I could forward mine to you so you don't feel left out.

------------------- Bwaa Haaaa Haa ---------------------------

Sorry but that just struck me as to damn funny, Irony is a funny little mess.

Game Gallery

My Forums

Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Ayala
Fire Beetle

Wow, looks like you all aren't the only ones that receive these things...

Cease.pdf

Would upload it, but the forums aren't enabled for that, so have to go with a direct link. Not much better than the pm's I'd say, was sent through e-mail.

*EDIT* Link didn't like me, so linking to the thread.

Last edited by Ayala; 10-19-2007 at 09:09 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 02:39 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Does this drama ever stop lol Obviously that wasnt really from Sony, and I have to admit, I'm still chuckling lol

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!

Last edited by WildcardX; 10-19-2007 at 10:45 PM..
Old 10-19-2007, 03:33 PM
mattmeck

Eh, speaking from experience, SOE dont send e-mails, they send C&D orders registered mail.

Love how there blaming us for it tho
Old 10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Ayala
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck View Post
Eh, speaking from experience, SOE dont send e-mails, they send C&D orders registered mail.

Love how there blaming us for it tho
Blaming you? Might I ask who blamed anyone other than the owner of the e-mail address?