Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Saberbeast
Fire Beetle

Default Is there a Server that ...... ?

Hi all

I was 23 when EQ1 first came out and I fell in love with it. I spent far more then 40 hours a week playing it. I really enjoyed Classic through Velious the most.

However I'm now 41 married with five kids who all play sports, so I don't have any where near the kind of time I had back in the day. I'm lucky if I have 2 hours or so every other day.

I love the open world of old EQ1.
I really enjoyed the classes
I like how you had to be smart on what you fought and how you made pulls
I really loved how rare gear was compared to games of today like WoW where you get drops every few minutes.
I loved the random drops and spawns
I like that it took a while to level.

I didn't enjoy having to spend hours looking for a group
I didn't enjoy spending 10 to 15 minutes between kills when soloing
I didn't enjoy having to get help to get my corpse back
I didn't enjoy having to take very long periods of time to get my corpse back at times.
I didn't enjoy having a chance of losing all my items when I died (on EQ live this happened to me once where I lost everything because I was unable to log back on to get my corpse before it rotted.

I was wondering if there is a well scripted server that has all the things I loved about EQ but changed some of the things that I didn't like and would be better for someone who is older and doesn't have the time like I did when I was younger and didn't have kids?

Thanks for your time
Old 10-29-2017, 08:20 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

I recommend checking out Imperium. Although I may be biased. 8D
Old 10-29-2017, 09:02 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Casual dreams is probably you're best bet.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Saberbeast
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturm View Post
I recommend checking out Imperium. Although I may be biased. 8D
Thanks for trying to help

However

Features:
- 100M Fiber Connection, 64G RAM
- Individual Progression
- Fast XP and AA
- Gear stat increase
- AA increases
- New NPCs, teleporter bot, merchants, augments to assist in raids, and a gambling merchant to acquire additional rare items
- Artifacts and rare items can drop from any monster (~1/200 chance).
- Raids adjusted for 2-6 players
- Bots enabled, mercenaries disabled. 6 person max raid size and group size, 2 bots maximum spawned in per person.

The connection sounds good
Individual Progression sounds good
Fast XP and AA's isn't something that I'm a fan of like I said I liked the slower leveling of EQ1.
Gear stat increase not something that I'm a fan of.
AA increases again not something that I'm a fan of
New NPCs teleporter bots, merchants, additional rare items - all this is just too much for me.
Artifacts and rare items can drop from any moster - This is just way too far.
Raids adjusted for 2 to 6 players - I can understand this for small pop servers.
bots enabled - again I can understand this for a small pop server.

For me some of the added stuff is just far too much of a change that it just isn't EQ at that point. I is more like a WoW or something else , to me any way.

I would be looking more for a well scripted server something like Project 1999 is but let you get your corpse back easily on your own. It would also be nice if you couldn't delevel. May be have bots but then say they take every other loot or something to make it fair so if you had 2 bots then you would only get to loot every 3rd kill for example. Making raids easier so smaller groups could do them would be something I could live with.

I don't want buffed up items and stats or items that weren't in EQ. I would just like it to be a little more friendly for people who don't have hours and hours to play per day or week is all. But I still want to play EQ1 now WoW
Old 10-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Saberbeast
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbcb0717 View Post
Casual dreams is probably you're best bet.

Thanks from what I have seen so far Casual Dreams might be the closest thing to what I'm looking for.

I looked over this page to see what it was about.
http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...o&worldid=2575

There are a few more changes then what I really need and I'm not sure if it will be too easy, if it is I will not like it. However some of the changes do sound nice for someone who doesn't have a lot of time to put into the game like I used to have. So we will see.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:38 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Another option is RebuildEQ.

The AA/XP progression can be adjusted to your liking, there's a way to reduce XP gain rate if you want a slower progression, but the server is curved for earlier gameplay is faster than later one.
There's custom builds you can pump and review here, to give a boost to the classic EQ
feel: http://rebuildeq.com/builds
There are teleporters on rebuildeq to help with corpse runs and buffs, however they cost money to use and are not as good as a real player.
There's an itemization system via artifacts you can do to help gear up earlier game, but they're rare to heavily rely on.
Raids adjusted for 2 to 6 players - same on rebuild.
no bots, no boxing enabled. The server is built to help you make friends and enjoy content.
you can delevel.
I have a rested system to help make the server more casual friendly, as well as the grinds on the server can be farmed by friends to help people with less play time.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-31-2017, 08:49 AM
Saberbeast
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post

The AA/XP progression can be adjusted to your liking, there's a way to reduce XP gain rate if you want a slower progression, but the server is curved for earlier gameplay is faster than later one.
There's custom builds you can pump and review here, to give a boost to the classic EQ
There are teleporters on rebuildeq to help with corpse runs and buffs, however they cost money to use and are not as good as a real player.
There's an itemization system via artifacts you can do to help gear up earlier game, but they're rare to heavily rely on.
no bots, no boxing enabled. The server is built to help you make friends and enjoy content.
you can delevel.
I have a rested system to help make the server more casual friendly, as well as the grinds on the server can be farmed by friends to help people with less play time.

Thanks I will have to check it out.

I did look into Casual Dreams but the mobs were weaken way to much for my taste. I just don't feel that a level 7 mob should only do 1 to 2 points of damage to a level 1 with no gear. It also had fast regen for HPs and Mana a little to fast, but I may have been able to live with it.

Any way still looking
Old 10-31-2017, 09:07 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post

you can delevel.
I'm still waiting on necromancer lol server is pretty fun may just have to come back and check out all the new stuff
Old 11-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Nob
Fire Beetle

Give a look to gates of time. Might be a fit. Check their info page in the server list sometime.