Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Uleat
Developer

I know there was an issue with Howling Stones at one point..I think you need a key or something to go there or you'll have issues...

There's some old posts regarding that zone around - under Howling Stones or its simile..which I can't remember atm...

Veeshan, I think, had a similar problem too.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-30-2016, 08:23 PM
kartikeya200
Fire Beetle

Oh, I've got the key, but I'll look around. Thanks again for all your help so far with this.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:32 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

I have had these issues on 7-8 different emus at times usually when using merchant or banker sometimes in inventory it sure is a headache especially if you lose a rare quest piece/valuable item etc

Old 04-22-2017, 11:02 PM
kartikeya200
Fire Beetle

So, an update on this weirdness. I'm still having issues with it in various zones, and it continues to evade my very limited ability to figure out. Strangely enough, between my last post and this one I did a completely clean reinstall of the EQemu database, saved nothing and started fresh. I had no issues for a while, but now I've got back into raiding with bots, it's cropped up again.

Here's the actual reason I'm making this post though: I've found a way to 100% reproduce either this issue or one that's, to me, identical, immediately.

I've been having some issues with zone crashes in Fear. Now and then during a fight things will lock up and I'll have to reboot the client. When this happens, everything in Fear repops except for named mobs. After having it happen to me twice today, I got irritable (I was in there solely to make a go at Cazic), toggled on GM, and depopped the zone, then went to pop Cazic manually.

Every single time I spawn Cazic manually, I get an immediate desync (or crash, if that's what's happening). As with the zone issues, I can move around but can't cast spells, issue commands, etc, until my client finally realizes I'm no longer connected and kicks me. I know this happens as soon as I spawn Cazic because I can see my bots vanish (pets remain, bots disappear, it's weird).

No idea if this helps at all, but there you go. Still using RoF2 client.

Edit: Just for the sake of information, I can have two clients open (one isn't flagged GM), have them standing in the same place, spawn Cazic, and both clients will immediately get the desync.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

So just a few questions to iron out somethings and some of these questions are coming from left field lol. How many zones max can your server have running at once? What is your cpu running at for speed? Have you tried disabling bots?

Edit: Looking back I saw the syntax error you posted. I know I was having some desync issues with the same problem before i had to manually fix it in my DB. I think what happens is when you enter certain zones its attempting check those values and its causing an error? Also if it cant write the correct values into the table it might cause a "Loop" in the DB instead of erroring out which is what might cause the excessive cpu use. Not entirely sure but it might be something to take the few mins and fix the error in the DB.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:40 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikeya200 View Post
Strangely enough, between my last post and this one
Just noticed the time frame between your last post and this one and it seems you've had this issue for almost a year now ? Am I correct ?

I have a windows box here that I use for testing only, but I do run both the client and test server on the same box, and sometimes two clients.

I'm using a fresh db and code (grabbed yesterday) with no issues, running win 7 64 bit.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:54 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Hah im glad you noticed the time stamp I didn't even see the post was a year old lol
Old 04-29-2017, 02:44 PM
kartikeya200
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
Just noticed the time frame between your last post and this one and it seems you've had this issue for almost a year now ? Am I correct ?

I have a windows box here that I use for testing only, but I do run both the client and test server on the same box, and sometimes two clients.

I'm using a fresh db and code (grabbed yesterday) with no issues, running win 7 64 bit.
Yes, though not straight. There was a big period of time when I wasn't playing (this is just a server I'm running for myself), after which I did the new server reinstall.

Running Windows 10 64 bit, been the same system throughout.