Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
egerha8815k
Fire Beetle

I decided to quit hosting it for a few reasons, but I am not the one who pulled the plug on it. I agreed to contonue hosting until other arrangements were worked out.

I never actually played there as a toon ( except back in 2007 i got to lvl 14 then joined Daxum and Richardo as a staff member )

Alot of bad things happened, such as members of staff getting their emails hacked and social security numbers stolen along with credit card numbers etc.

I pretty much got fed up with the hackers a few months back, tried to bust some heads but other staff already knew about them and were working out some sort of deal with the hackers to find out how they were doing it and fix it, then let them stay. I am cool with that policy of cooperation, but I was not informed of the collaboration. Basicly I was kept in the dark, went off on the cheater, and got fed up with the lack of communication and left.

I got up today and check the forums around 2pm and found out the server was killed last night, turned on the server screen, and read the note from Searyx explaining he took the server down and I was pretty much right about the playerbase.

The bottom line? Dont shit where you eat, especially if the meal is provided free of charge.

And as for other PvP projects such as bane of life, I honestly wish you well. You can say that I held this and that hostage and never bought a battery backup for the server and yada yada, but you are wrong. Wonderful conspiracy theories there, you were made for each other. Sorry you hated Daxum so much, but he left the project long ago.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:51 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Bon Voyage VTZ. May you rest in peace.

BoL does seem promising. We'll see.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Naes
Fire Beetle

BoL needs to hurry up and get off the ground then. Got a crew of players frothing at the mouth for some PvP action.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM
sasaluge
Sarnak

go outside and get some sun til bane of life comes out then
Old 08-04-2009, 09:54 AM
KingMort
Banned

You guys can come PVP on Raid Addicts but be ready to get your asses handed to you if you do

Though most of the server is PVE , there are several PVP zones, and also a Priest of Discord so everyone can be PVP all the time if they want to be..

Casters pretty much rule the domain but I have seen several melee do exceptionally well.. Depends on your skill and your gear with this server.. If your under 100,000 hp well your a n00b...

See you guys soon

www.raidaddicts.org
Old 08-04-2009, 11:11 AM
SatrekVZ
Fire Beetle

thats bs i knew u kids would ruined vtz for us folks. how hard is it to play eq with out cheating. at kurnak not the less. prolly was heresy hacking again just like they did b4. Since u dont seen tyen on server anymore. glad i stoped playing right b4 this big wipe and didnt get a big disappointed again!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 PM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
You guys can come PVP on Raid Addicts but be ready to get your asses handed to you if you do

Though most of the server is PVE , there are several PVP zones, and also a Priest of Discord so everyone can be PVP all the time if they want to be..

Casters pretty much rule the domain but I have seen several melee do exceptionally well.. Depends on your skill and your gear with this server.. If your under 100,000 hp well your a n00b...

See you guys soon

www.raidaddicts.org

I love the constant server advertisements in almost every forum/topic.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:42 PM
KingMort
Banned

Your Welcome, Just offering a place to go for those that want some hard core action... Appreciate your comment
Old 08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Demi-God

You know its unfortunate that emulator servers (especially pvp) have to go through the great extent of stopping cheaters/'hackers' even to the point of these people externally gaining access by other means (either getting into the box its running on or gaining access through this site).

My concern is that it is usually the same people on those pvp servers causing the same problems.. Pretty sad.. Seems this is more of a problem in the emu since we don't have any particular information (like official games have CC's tied to the accounts) we can reference to ban someone beyond an IP, but really what does that stop..

On a side note though should be very impressed with the success your project (by project I mean the work they did on the server) brought. Best of luck.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.

Last edited by image; 08-04-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Old 08-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Slaede
Fire Beetle

as much as gronkus was an immature guy, richardo you're making yourself once again look like an even bigger *removed* by trying to pit our players against each other and against the gms etc, especially after the server's already been nuked. We can fight with each other all we want without your help, gaylord perry

Last edited by trevius; 08-05-2009 at 12:54 AM.. Reason: name calling - Warning
Old 08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaede View Post
as much as gronkus was an immature guy, richardo you're making yourself once again look like an even bigger *removed* by trying to pit our players against each other and against the gms etc, especially after the server's already been nuked. We can fight with each other all we want without your help, gaylord perry
huh?......

I don't think that was my intention but ok. I was letting people know what was going on. I'm friendly with Gronkus and I sincerely have nothing against the VTZ staff. Ofcourse, I had some issues with Daxum in the day but I'm way over that.

Last edited by trevius; 08-05-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Old 08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

Default sad=(

sad to see the server go. i havent played there in awhile but what i did play through i greatly enjoyed. still can say i never had anyone cheat against me but i never played much beyond the lowbie game ether

the scary thing is...what server do the worst of the playerbase go to now...it may even be...YOURS!!
{sorry, just started to sound like a cheap horror movie in my head heh}

Richardo,
thanks for sharing this info, i did occasionaly think about going back, is good to at least know they why/whens/hows about my piddly characters fate.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
trevius
Developer

Discussion on this subject is fine (and actually kinda interesting), but anymore drama or name calling in this thread will result in at least a week long ban. We don't need the drama to be brought here. Just a friendly warning/reminder. I know this issue has got to have many people fuming, but that still isn't an excuse to break the rules here.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:08 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownhost View Post
Richardo,
thanks for sharing this info, i did occasionaly think about going back, is good to at least know they why/whens/hows about my piddly characters fate.
Well, you could know what actually happened or have false hope of a server coming back. Glad to help...

Sad to see VTZ go. :/
Old 08-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Warell001
Fire Beetle

Well thats just FANTASTIC... The F***ing hacking cheaters ruined this.
I hope there is another pvp up soon.

Sensei Durell Deathstrike
Pandemonium