Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:17 PM
kuahara
Sarnak

Default Windows Server 2008 R2

I hate asking stupid questions, especially with this listed under compatibility in the Wiki:

Windows 7 - x64
Windows 8 - x64
Windows Server 2012 - x64

But is there any reason the installer won't work with Windows Server 2008 R2 (Datacenter edition)?

New installs of Windows Server 2012 R2 in a VM give me royal fits trying to get them properly bridged and connected to the local network. I have no idea why. Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 are connected out of the box when the install completes. It took a lot of messing with the first time around and now I have to set the server up all over again because of a bad update. 20 minutes of screwing around with the fresh install and I couldn't get it connected to the internet.

Was a little surprised to see Windows 7 in the list, but not Server 2008 R2 since they're practically the same OS.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:11 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

I am running a server on 2008 R2 Datacenter no issues
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 PM
kuahara
Sarnak

I got that setup earlier and am testing it out now. So far, everything is running absolutely flawlessly. Loving it. I hope when I created another 25 toons or so and have about 30 online at once that I don't start running into issues. But thus far, it's a much better experience than Server 2012 R2.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

30 local toons shouldn't even make a dent in even a minimum spec 2008R2 server.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:37 PM
kuahara
Sarnak

My server and my client machine are the same physical machine. The server runs in a VM. On the client machine, I have 32 toons logged in right now. Each client (each instance of eqgame.exe) is using between 300MB and 735MB of memory. I believe the only 300MB instances are the ones that are not currently in Plane of Knowledge.

I only have 32GB of ram. It is looking like I either need more memory or need to find a way to lower the amount of memory that each instance of eqgame.exe is using.

Any advice?

Thanks.