Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Phric
Fire Beetle

Default Tallon/Vallon Zek Server

I made toons on this server and was reading on forums that they added new mobs to various zones to make getting spells easier via quest. Also, these mobs were said to drop items to aid the up and coming players. Well, I stumbled across this mob in Timorous Deep, and killed him and I came to find out that he dropped decent items. I transfered a couple of these items to my pally. Well while playing my Pally someone asked me about on of these items and i told him it was off of one of the new mobs they implimented, and he offered me decent trades for it, therefore, i traded him. So i went back and farmed him again and got a few more items and traded them. Knowing that these mobs that were added were fairly new, and that from reading on the forums, looked like no one had ever completed the quest led me tho believe that i was the first on to discover this mob. Thinking I was the first to find it i farmed items from it before anyone else could discover him. Even when trading these items people were asking me if these items were off of the newly implemeted mobs, and asking me where were they. Of course I would not tell anyone, I was making money, and decent trades. Well come to find out after my accounts got banned, this mob was not one of the newly implemented mobs, even though i had never seen him before. Reason I post this is to warn everyone who plays or is thinking of playing on this server...be careful before you play here because I got banned for something I didnt even think to believe i was doing wrong. I thought it was somethign they implemented, because the forums said so. I mean he was dropping everything that the newly implemented mob were said to drop. All im saying is chose your GM's wisely because I just lost alot of my time into something that was not my fault, and i still feel as though im innocent.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Don't worry. Quite a few are aware of VTZek.

That server is so infested with cheaters that they automatically assume the innocent people are also cheating. It's a last resort thing that they've sadly stooped to. Essentially, banning everyone is a ghetto band aid for when you don't have any real solutions. Play on a quality server that knows their ass from their elbow. I'd suggest one that's been around for a while.. Shards of Dalaya and PEQ Grand Creation.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Phric
Fire Beetle

Thank you Richard I will look into those servers....makes me feel better that im not the only one who had to deal with this horrible leadership on this server.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

You'll have to wait a few months for the next decent PvP server~ several are in development.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:37 AM
Galelil
Fire Beetle

your story sounds like its missing alot , and very hard to belive, mabye its just me
Old 04-04-2009, 02:37 AM
FonzoRelli
Sarnak

Phric, im the VZTZ that banned your accounts. let me explain a few things. both on here and in game while we had our lil chat you claimed that you learned of these new mobs and their loot by reading the info on our site (www.pwnedemu.com), however that thread you have claimed to read states exactly which NPC and the zone in which it can be located. not to mention the thread describes the mobs as "custom 1 group encounters", and you never questioned being able to kill the mob alone?

Also, the custom mob you thought you found is clearly listed on allakhazam with its loot, just type in Ugrak. when u killed Ugrak and saw what you were looting you should have reported it, or at the very least not killed the mob enough times to accumulate over 45 pieces of gear and then start trading that gear out to over various members of the community and causing a negative effect to our economy.

and lastly, if you wanted to farther discuss the situation you should have messaged me or another staff member on our website. trying to slander our server and/or staff because you were caught and punished for it is hardly a respectable way to handle the situation.

-Sirken
VZ/TZ Staff
Old 04-04-2009, 02:47 AM
FonzoRelli
Sarnak

also Richardo, please leave whatever personal issues you have with our staff members at the door.

the server is not infested with cheaters (albeit I'm sure there are a few that we haven't caught.. yet), as soon as a cheater is caught, appropriate action is taken. we have a lively staff that provides in game help 40-60 hours a week, every week. as well as an active Dev team pumping out content, and preparing for Velious. not to mention we are also currently hosting the class BotB events which have been a lot of fun so far. so before you go off talking badly about VZ/TZ, why don't you try logging in once in awhile? granted we have a "colorful" community, the amount of cheating is at a minimum.

- Sirken
VZ/TZ Staff
Old 04-04-2009, 07:14 AM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

I love how Richardo, an ex-dev of our server and current dev of Bane of Life (our unreleased competition) jumps at every chance to sling shit at our server. Most of the time its related to how much hacking or exploiting goes on. I think any dev on an ACTIVE server would agree that MQ and bug exploitation does happen and its a constant battle to keep it in check.

It is very easy to keep a server hack/exploit free if you just never release it at all...
Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 AM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Also...

Didn't you get banned from these forums for trying to steal legends status?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Mindbom
Fire Beetle

Quote:
<Rogean> btw
<Rogean> I'm banning richardo
<XXXXX> Ok.
<XXXXX> Why?
<Rogean> he has my loginserver password
<Rogean> thats how bane of life or w/e their server name is got legends status
<Rogean> he was using my login account
Nice, Bane of Life has a staff member that "aquired" Rogean's info and used it to give Bane of Life "Legends" status on the server select screen.

I hope all the players of Bane of Life understand that one of your server operators is a hacking piece of shit, willing to use other peoples accounts / passwords to promote their server in any way possible.

While our players might be "colorful," you won't see this type of behavior coming from the VZ/TZ server ops.

If Bane of Life has any self respect they will remove Richardo from their staff immediately.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Alby
Fire Beetle

Hahaha, so embarrassing.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:06 AM
Mindbom
Fire Beetle

http://forums.baneoflife.com/index.php?topic=280.0

Quote:
That's what happens when you allow your server to become a hack infested haven where the players run over you. Their problem was solved on our server a month ago and we haven't even launched yet.
Hey Yeorwned how about a public apology for slamming our server when it was clearly the login server that was compromised and not us?

Yeah I don't see it happening either, you piece of shit. Keep on accusing us and trying to make us look bad. Bottom line is we run one of the two most active EQEMU servers that you wish you could be a part of. Oh, and with staff members like Richardo your server will go nowhere, fast. We already kicked him off our staff, so basically we consider him "sloppy seconds" to any other server ops that are gullible enough to have him.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:13 AM
spinningfists
Fire Beetle

VZTZ owns, you got caught farming raid gear that was accidently added to a regular mob.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindbom View Post
Nice, Bane of Life has a staff member that "aquired" Rogean's info and used it to give Bane of Life "Legends" status on the server select screen.

I hope all the players of Bane of Life understand that one of your server operators is a hacking piece of shit, willing to use other peoples accounts / passwords to promote their server in any way possible.

While our players might be "colorful," you won't see this type of behavior coming from the VZ/TZ server ops.

If Bane of Life has any self respect they will remove Richardo from their staff immediately.
Actually, i'm pretty sure (80-95% sure) that Richardo moved on to image/devn00bs GuildWars server as a quest dev there, or he may be reviving his Dark Horizons server. I'm almost positive that the "passwords" he obtained were from Stylez (who also was banned from several projects) who had got them from Lucid Visions, who was hacking EQEmu in the first place to compromise the accounts. So yeah, he unintentionally screwed you over. But he's not part of Bane of Life anymore, at least that is my understanding. And no, we didn't remove him because of this post.

http://forums.baneoflife.com/index.p...n=profile;u=37

As for Yeorwned posting that message on the Bane of Life forums? Take it up with him. I'm not responsible for any of his ramblings, nor should I be.

Man, why the hell do I join a bunch of projects that put me in a ton of drama. :/

Last edited by Secrets; 04-05-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Old 04-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Quote:
Man, why the hell do I join a bunch of projects that put me in a ton of drama. :/
Sheer, unadulterated luck Secrets =D
Closed Thread