Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 PM
3z3ki3l
Fire Beetle

Default VZTZ is down indefinitely. Bane of Life (Custom Classic PvP) entering beta.

Bane of Life has just completed Alpha and is starting the Beta testing period. If you want a chance at a beta account, go register on the forums and get active in the community.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Meadowlands
Fire Beetle

Yeah it's true. Nothing like the "Kid takes the ball and goes home" bullshit because of a few hackers. They took down the forums too mainly because of people from heresey and 8IU waving their e-peen.

I never got why people have to cheat in a game like this. Reminds me of the clowns in diablo 2 cheating. They act like they will get their name in the paper or some shit.

I must admit it makes me feel good knowing I killed lots without having to cheat.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

What the hell?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Naes
Fire Beetle

Anyone wanna go ahead and put up an emu pvp server for the time being? Doesn't even have to be anything special, and you'll probably get a mass influx of population!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:40 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

It's a shame that I am still in development of my server. -_-
Old 08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Elysius
Sarnak

Can't say I blame the devs/GMs. The community was so saturated with complete shitheads, I'm surprised they didn't take it down even earlier.

Good luck BoL, hope you guys have thick enough skin to last as long as VZ/TZ did.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 PM
trevius
Developer

Is TZ/VZ really down for good, or is it just while they work out their hacker issues? If there are issues with the EQEmu code, maybe them starting a thread here could help to find a resolution to it. If they are susceptible to a hacker issue, we probably all are.

I really have no clue how TZ/VZ management deals with most of it's player-base. Every time they are down, I get clowns on my server stopping by to stir shit up for no reason. There is definitely a different attitude that comes with being from a PVP server that isn't the type of attitude I allow on my server. Hopefully someone will get a PVP server up soon to attract the PVP types
Old 08-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Naes
Fire Beetle

Nobody really knows what's going on with VZ/TZ, not even the staff.

They said they're aware of a half dozen or so hacks that can crash player clients and zones. It wasn't until guilds started using them in mass PvP that they took the server down.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Is TZ/VZ really down for good, or is it just while they work out their hacker issues? If there are issues with the EQEmu code, maybe them starting a thread here could help to find a resolution to it. If they are susceptible to a hacker issue, we probably all are.

I really have no clue how TZ/VZ management deals with most of it's player-base. Every time they are down, I get clowns on my server stopping by to stir shit up for no reason. There is definitely a different attitude that comes with being from a PVP server that isn't the type of attitude I allow on my server. Hopefully someone will get a PVP server up soon to attract the PVP types
I found out why it went down. Gronkus (their host) was apparently a player in the game as well. Well, the developers of the server deemed it necessary to ban Gronkus (their Host) for unknown reasons. Gronkus did not like this and I think you can figure out what happened next. It is an unfortunate truth that VTZ is no longer a hosted server. I am sure Voidd or Null will revive the project but until then, I'd consider this a hiatus more than a 'dead server'.

I hope this informs the uninformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naes View Post
They said they're aware of a half dozen or so hacks that can crash player clients and zones. It wasn't until guilds started using them in mass PvP that they took the server down.
Yeah, things did really get out of hand. It's a damn shame.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Naes
Fire Beetle

Really? That's not the story we got.

I remember some shady stuff going down with Gronkus in the past though.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:23 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

I asked Gronkus and that's his story. I tried to make it as unbiased as possible considering I really don't know what exactly happened.. Merely the jist.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Naes
Fire Beetle

It'd be interesting to know what player/guild he was.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Ok, so... correction... He wasn't a player. I just asked him. Apparently he was banned because there was some drama between him and Null. They said he was a 'loose cannon' and said he treated VTZ like his own 'sandbox'. Direct quotes from him... So I dunno. Just more Devdrama apparently..
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Naes
Fire Beetle

Oh dude that was like drama from a month or so ago. It was taken down now because the GMs couldn't police all the insta-camping and freezing player clients shennanigans that was going on. That and like two new dupe bugs were found and spammed all over the forums. People need to learn not to shit where they eat, because look what happens. Searyx, one of the lead GMs, said he wasn't going to let the server degenerate into a server full of hackers and exploiters.

It's still in hiatus as you said AFAIK, but there is no ETA on anything. :(
Old 08-03-2009, 11:46 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

We'll see... :/