Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Default Download: Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek (PwnedEmu.com) PVP Server

OK folks so I don't have a lot of time, but here's the jist of it. We've been up and running for 2+ years now, but the time has come to close down shop.

It's only right that the code and database be given back to the community from which they were originally borrowed. I want to thank everyone that has contributed to EQEmu over the years and made our fantastic run possible, as well as the many developers, staff, and players that contributed to our project.

Thank you for all that you have done.

http://www.pwnedemu.com/VZTZ.7z

Daxum

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Thank you for this! Do you happen to know that version of EQEmu the code is based off of? I'd like to get a diff out of it and see what changes are in. I assume a lot of work has been done to the broken Emu PVP system.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

its over? like no more?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:10 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Thank you for this! Do you happen to know that version of EQEmu the code is based off of? I'd like to get a diff out of it and see what changes are in. I assume a lot of work has been done to the broken Emu PVP system.
I'm not sure what was the last version they updated with, but we built it off 0.7.0.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquest View Post
its over? like no more?
Yes.

Dax

Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I fixed the spell target bug, but still have a couple other bugs i'm trying to resolve.
If anyone else is taking this source and working on it let me know.. and if anyone actually plans to use the VZTZ source let me know too.
I may just take the VZTZ code and incorporate it to the latest PEQ, and maybe give caveman the code changes for him to review.

P.S. I threw up a buggy play around of VZTZ (25x exp/10x drop/money) for anyone who just wants to burn some time in pvp fun and /tell me some bugs you find.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-09-2009, 07:31 PM
jackwade1240
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
I fixed the spell target bug, but still have a couple other bugs i'm trying to resolve.
If anyone else is taking this source and working on it let me know.. and if anyone actually plans to use the VZTZ source let me know too.
I may just take the VZTZ code and incorporate it to the latest PEQ, and maybe give caveman the code changes for him to review.

P.S. I threw up a buggy play around of VZTZ (25x exp/10x drop/money) for anyone who just wants to burn some time in pvp fun and /tell me some bugs you find.
Seems theres a cap on the players allowed? 50 max.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:17 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

hmm I don't have an official box, and apparantly at arond 60-70 peeps it starts havng issues. Seems people really enjoy a 25x VZTZ server even if it's ultra buggy! Heh. Can't work on the source code until I can find it a home. If anyone has a nice server and willing to hold the loads, let me know. I don't mind sharing the DB info, I just want people to have the ability to play and have fun.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 AM
cybernine186
Sarnak

When I was on staff I kept the source code partially updated with the current version of EQEmu from google code. It was updated all the way to around 1st of February of 2009 from the live project.

Since we didn't do PoP or anything past Velious I didn't update any of that code. But for the most part that should give someone a better feel for what needs to be updated.

OH if someone notices inside the code one of our previous dev's (Null) developed a system to add a way to catch who is duping inventory. If you look in the inventory database you will see a new field like "InstID". When a new item is generated it will give that item a unique ID and if that same item is some how duped by exploits it will have the same "InstID".

I have got the LATEST SVN to the souce code project and if someone has a way to host it I will glady send it to them for everyone to review easier of the changes made.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

is the copy of daxum's newer or older than yours though cybernine?
I recall right before VZTZ went down (like literally, the day before), the detrimental spell target bug was occuring on live VZTZ. The source there has the same issue, but the number of broken things are pretty astounding on that source. All pets are gnome necro graphics. AoE's don't calculate range properly. Detrimental spells by default don't even pass casting check. Weapon/Mobs don't cast spells. Some spells crash zones. What else? Oh mobs don't aggro even if scowls until you hit them (and never assist each other).

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-10-2009, 11:54 AM
krystlih
Fire Beetle

Quick Question (if you have the time to answer it):

I noticed in the database there are some tables for an "editor" and it appears to be a database editor of somesort. What did you guys use for that? I notice it does individual change logs which is nice, was it a custom tool, or is it downloadable somewhere?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

It's likely the "PEQ Editor". See http://projecteq.net

Keep in mind that the password hash is md5. See http://md5encryption.com/ to encrypt/decrypt.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM
krystlih
Fire Beetle

I don't think its the PEQ editor (unless they modified it), because as I said the database tables i saw in their blank database records like all the editor events and such, and I haven't seen that on the PEQ editor, unless there is something I'm missing with it
Old 08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlih View Post
I don't think its the PEQ editor (unless they modified it), because as I said the database tables i saw in their blank database records like all the editor events and such, and I haven't seen that on the PEQ editor, unless there is something I'm missing with it
the PEQ Editor does have a logging feature, it goes to logs/sql_log.sql they might just have had a modified version where the logging went to the DB or something
Old 08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
cybernine186
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
is the copy of daxum's newer or older than yours though cybernine?
I recall right before VZTZ went down (like literally, the day before), the detrimental spell target bug was occuring on live VZTZ. The source there has the same issue, but the number of broken things are pretty astounding on that source. All pets are gnome necro graphics. AoE's don't calculate range properly. Detrimental spells by default don't even pass casting check. Weapon/Mobs don't cast spells. Some spells crash zones. What else? Oh mobs don't aggro even if scowls until you hit them (and never assist each other).
The copy of the SVN is the same as what Daxum released. Searyx and Jaxx deleted the entire server including database, binaries and source code. However I was the one able to recover the database, source, etc.

I actually had the server back up and running 100% everything was working and Daxum decided to close the project. At that time he copied everything I restored and cleaned the database and released it.

Some things he didn't release which I have a copy of and I still have access to the server currently. I have a full copy of the database along with full SVN code, latest quests, etc.

I am willing to release the SVN for quests and source code since Daxum released it publicly to help people sift through what was actually changed since around September 2008 - closing of project.

Also I can tell you what is wrong with your server why mobs doesn't argo and you having trouble with spells. Your maps either isn't there or wrong ones.

Go here http://sourceforge.net/projects/eqemulator/files/

and download Maps.tar.gz and new_maps.zip and extract them to your server directory under a folder called maps.

That will fix your issue because when I brought the server up 1st time people was having the same issue and I forgot to put the maps in the server directory.

Your Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Prior GM

Voidd the Returnless