Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Boomer37
Fire Beetle

Default Connection Timeout

Whenever I try to log in i get a timeout error. I am 100% sure that port 5998 is open, and I even added 1024, 6000, and 7000 (from reg. EQ, unnecessary I think?) but can not log in. My eqhost.txt file is exactly as it should be, and I have added patchme to the end of the target in the EQ shortcut. I'm not sure what else to try, I for sure thought it was the ports being blocked but finally got that worked out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Are you hosting your own server or is this someone else's server?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:29 PM
trevius
Developer

Have you read the FAQ in my sig yet for your issue?

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...QEmuFAQ#QLinkP
Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Boomer37
Fire Beetle

Its not for my own server, just trying to get on a pvp server. And yes, I have gone through the FAQ and searched the forums, but nothings worked for me
Old 08-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Boomer37
Fire Beetle

Just gonna list out what I did to make sure their is not anything wrong, I've gone over the playguide like 4 million times but ya never know.
-Just uninstalled, deleted all folders
-Reinstalled EQ Titanium Edition
-Edited eqhost.txt file to change the host to eqemulator.net:5988 (no extra spaces or anything, ive checked a bunch)
-Created a shortcut from eqgame.exe, added a space and then patchme after the quotes in the target line.
-Double-checked with canyouseeme.org and it shows that port 5998 is open.
-Created LS account

and...everytime I type in my username/pass and try to log in, it works for about 10 seconds then tells me "A connection to the server could not be reached..blah blah.."

Is there something I'm missing or forgetting?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
trevius
Developer

What makes you sure that you got your port stuff worked out? Did you try one of the websites that will test port connectivity to your PC?

I would recommend removing all port forwarding configs from your router, as they are not required at all for just playing on a server. Only if you run a server, do you need to mess with port forwarding at all.

If that doesn't help, I would recommend connecting your PC directly to your modem if that is possible, and see if that makes a difference at all. That will rule out your router being a possible issue. Also, make sure you don't have any security software running, or windows firewall, etc, that might be blocking the ports directly on your PC.

Also, just to be sure, you are trying to connect from home, right? Not anywhere like from a dorm, or work, or any other place that might run a proxy?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:38 PM
Kobaz
Hill Giant

Is it port 5988 or port 5998 you entered, opened and tested? You have both in your post.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Boomer37
Fire Beetle

the port 5988 was just a typo, but to answer the post above that one, Yes I used one of those websites to check the port was opened. I'm using a comp at home, not school,work, etc.

I went into my router settings and turned off the firewall, didn't make any difference but when I get a chance I will move my comp downstairs and try plugging it straight into the modem to for sure rule out the wireless router. Just don't have the time to tonight, but thank you for the help and I'll post back on here once I try it.

If anyone's got more ideas, I'm willing to try anything, really wanna play this damn game. Thank you for the responses so far.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:53 AM
SatrekVZ
Fire Beetle

its not u boom i getting same issue. only 2 of my accs can connect to a server. then any other acc ( mind u i log them all off and open 1 box. 1 box i mind ) and any of my other 7 accounts gives me error 1017 to server. i pretty much reformated my pc last few days. still no fix, its a server issue and no one wants to address it. I know i dont wanna make all my toons on 2 accs when i have 9 i can spread em out of and mix n match what i feel like playing that day.