Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Default Good vs. Evil PvP Server by Shin

I'm working on an experimental revision of the source to utilize a Good vs. Evil 2 sided faction based PvP system. I'm taking code I implemented when I moved VZTZ's old source to 0.8.0 and adding new weird things for added fun.

Right now it is purely experimental, I will be putting up a playground sandbox for players to instantly become level 30 with spells/gear and the ability to be transported to an instanced version of a battleground-like scenario where you need to siege a castle.

For now this server has no guarenteed up time, nor is it for any purpose other than testing, but later I plan to create a LDoN-influenced PvP point reward system you can "cash in" PvP kills for gear etc. I'll go into details on how this portion works later.

I post progress at my old VZTZ forums, http://gigaplox.com/cov/

Feel free to reply here or at my forums to discuss what you think of this PvP server idea, granted I have kept it pretty vague thus far.

Good will be comprised of High Elves, Wood Elves, Vah Shir and Guktan races, along with neutral aligned races that choose to be good.

Evil will be comprised of Dark Elves, Trolls, Ogres, and Iksar races, along with neutral aligned races that choose to be evil.

This allows each side full access to all class combinations, so bards aren't good only etc, while keeping races that are obviously lawful or evil in their proper spot.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Whats the name of it? I Don't see it Good Vs. Evil on list.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:29 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

It's not really up very long yet, as I'm still working on it.
But name should be.. "Good vs. Evil Testing (Shin) with a website link, look under G on the standard servers.

Quick list of stuff I've tweaked thus far:
Evil uses red names (PvP con), Good uses blue names (normal con), so it's very easy to tell alignment at first glance.

Custom con system .

It is utilizing a funky combination of 0.8.0 code and old VZTZ source code, it'll likely need a lot of hacking to make PVP worthwhile.

I've temporarily disabled all zone-based teleportation spells, such as Evac, Gate, Portals etc..

Out of Combat Regen works, but it takes 1 minute to apply, and regens you at 3% per tick. May increase regen or decrease start timer later if needed.

Almost done with the battleground system's alpha template, so you can try out the new mob system and have NPC's with you to help take over the estate of unrest or defend against attackers, almost DoTA style.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 PM
SatrekVZ
Fire Beetle

your not gonna quit on us again are you shin? last i knew alot ppl was upset u just forgot about us and went for the hidden forest server. .......a leopard doesnt change it`s spot`s.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

You guys were playing on a bastardization of a server I just threw up for fun, didn't realize it was going to be as popular as it was. It was full of bugs I couldn't fix, and couldn't find a staff to help me fix it. So I took it down.

This server is just me testing code, and is not a real server. It is done purely at leisure. I'm not dedicated to it yet, as it's just me testing and having fun working custom code in.

Will probably post any change I do so other servers can benefit from it if they like the systems.

Not sure it will ever blossom to a full server or not. If it does, I want a staff to help oversee it. No more one man project for me. :P too stressful.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Default True.

Shin get more developers and get this server up again!!!!!!

=D
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Just to link, my changes can be found here for this code:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29689
I have a SVN edition too somewhere, if you prefer that.
but right now, my biggest concern is I would need more devs to do any project.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Darksole03
Fire Beetle

Dude this server would be kick ass. Just stick to it. You would have a ton of people up for playing.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Default Yeah you do!

Find those dev's shin this server can and WILL be the shit! You need to do it im saving up cash from every paycheck (alittle atleast) So i can donate as soon as you start up the server!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

lol. I don't think this will happen, frankly. I may keep throwing in some brainstormin ideas and such, but I know quite a few EQEMU devs and most aren't too interested in this project I've talked to. Plus, I'm getting some work with other projects so this may be one of those things that "may eventually happen, but not any time soon" sort of things.

I don't even like playing PVP EQ too much, I just enjoy writing stuff for it.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Vaklain_Kinvva
Fire Beetle

Default Grr!

It's kinda sad how every other pvp server sucked ass. Yet yours was a beta and everyone loved it.

Come on shin =D