Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 03-15-2015, 10:38 PM
Warking
Hill Giant

Can someone point me to how I can upgrade my Windows SQL DB for the RoF content in the RoF client?
Old 03-16-2015, 01:30 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warking View Post
Can someone point me to how I can upgrade my Windows SQL DB for the RoF content in the RoF client?
Manually develop the content yourself.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Warking
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
Manually develop the content yourself.
I know that but the download link to the new PEQ database files is not coming up.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:47 PM
vsab
Discordant

Http://peqtgc.com/releases
Old 04-25-2015, 12:49 PM
Tricyclethief
Fire Beetle

I've been watching this thread for while seeing everything that's being fixed , great job btw getting everything thats been done so far. Just curious what the status is for guild bank and how progress is coming.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:45 AM
vsab
Discordant

Been playing with this for a while and noticed two main issues:

1. Characters in group sometimes appear as out of zone. When this is the case they cannot be seen. This can be a real pain, occasionally relogging the character that appears ooz sometimes works, but usually you have to relog the affected character too. When you have multiple characters with this issue, you just have to relog them all.

Pretty sure it's not a group issue, but more generic, it's just that when you 6 box you're always in a group.

To clarify: A and B are in zone. A doesn't think B is in zone. B can see A, A cannot see B. When they are grouped B shows as OOZ to A, but A looks like they are in zone to B. A cannot /target B either, it's like their spawn hasn't been sent.

2. Characters are sometimes unable to trade with other characters (or pets), you just get the single click message rather than opening a trade. Relogging works. Possibly related to #1, will check when it happens again.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:54 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Number 1 isn't a rof2 issue.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:46 AM
vsab
Discordant

I see... OK so I looked at the fix/revert. Do we know what version PEQ uses, since the breaking code was reverted one day later on Feb 10th (cos otherwise the revert didn't fix the issue)?

Last edited by vsab; 05-05-2015 at 05:42 AM.. Reason: Used handy search function ffs
Old 05-12-2015, 04:26 AM
vsab
Discordant

Ok, so unsure about whether this is general or just ROF2. When I select the chat window filter Spells>Mine, other peoples spells also go into that window too.

I'm not sure which other filter types are affected but I suspect it's not the only one. I've been trying to emulate my setup from live and it definitely doesn't separate out as discreetly.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:04 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

With ROF2 client, I have noticed that berserkers using 2-handed piercing do not show skill ups with with 2hP, they show it with 1HP.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:15 PM
Uleat
Developer

The emu code is not setup to handle the 2hpiercing skill, as yet.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-19-2015, 09:21 PM
epilz
Hill Giant

ok thanks Uleat
Old 05-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Uleat
Developer

Someone will eventually get around to it.

I did some clean-up and prep work on skills some time ago..but, there's more than just adding the skill to the list with implementation.
(All of the combat code has to be gone through :( )

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-20-2015, 11:06 AM
mgellan
Sarnak

Hi there:

Setting up a new server, latest emu code and PEQ database, testing with RoF2 and Titanium. I've noticed that in RoF2 hateplane is no longer available - #zone hateplane is ignored, and #cast 666 takes you to hateplaneb (even if the spell is targeted to hateplane.) In Titanium #zone hateplane and #cast 666 work fine. Another hard coded zone like HPH or something we can change in the emu code? Thought I'd ask before digging into the code to look for it...

The only other wierdness is the extra two inventory slots don't work properly and throw a bunch of errors, but I need to spend some time testing them and document exactly how they are behaving.

Pretty happy with the RoF2 client otherwise, pretty sure when my server goes beta in Sept I'll recommend using it. Nice job guys

Regards,
Mg
Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 AM
Shendare
Dragon

It appears that the hateplane.s3d and hateplane_obj.s3d files were removed by SOE by the time of the RoF2 client, which would prevent anyone from zoning into it. The Emu code was likely tweaked to redirect those users to hateplaneb to avoid the crash, similar to spawning the old version of Nektulos for Titanium clients, with the instructions to delete/rename the broken/placeholder nektulos.eqg that came with that client.