Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Default Reposity missing

http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests doesnt seem to have anything in it.

Found it here http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...ing-the-server on step 5, im trying to

"a) Quests

In your C:\EQ\EQEMuServer server folder, right click on the quests folder and choose "SVN Checkout"
In the "URL of repository" line copy and paste the following:
http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests
Change the Checkout Directory to:
C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\quests
(Then click on OK)
Ignore the warning that pops up saying the quests folder is not empty (click Yes).
Let it download the quests. It will show "At Revision xx" when done."

However, when I follow this step im met with this:

Is there a working repo i can use, or some other means of downloading this maps and quests? The FTP for the maps in the same guide also seems to be missing now. Any help to aquiring the files would be great! Thanks!
Old 05-25-2016, 09:59 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

quests
https://github.com/ProjectEQ/projecteqquests

maps
https://github.com/Akkadius/EQEmuMaps
Old 05-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

You rock! <3
Old 05-25-2016, 10:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

We haven't been on the svn for over 3 years now...

If you're using information on the forums that is older than 3-6 months old..you stand a good chance of wrecking your setup.

It's not a bad idea to ask if any given information is out-of-date - and I would verify that anything you do stems from something on this page: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Wiki

EDIT: I know that the wiki may not contain the latest and greatest..but, we do try to at least keep the important stuff up-to-date.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post

If you're using information on the forums that is older than 3-6 months old..you stand a good chance of wrecking your setup.

It's not a bad idea to ask if any given information is out-of-date - and I would verify that anything you do stems from something on this page: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Wiki

EDIT: I know that the wiki may not contain the latest and greatest..but, we do try to at least keep the important stuff up-to-date.
Also, thank you for this. This clears up a lot of things. Perhaps that guide should be removed or edited. Once I am done with all of this, I would be happy to write a new guide if needed.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:52 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Quote:

Is there any new updated bat file written that folks use, or am i good to use the one listed on that guide?

@echo off
shared_memory.exe
start world.exe
echo waiting for the world to finish before starting zone...
ping -n 10 127.0.0.1 > nul
start queryserv.exe
start ucs.exe
start eqlaunch.exe zone
exit
Old 05-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

That's still good.

If you were running your own login server, you would need to add that..but, for the 'stock' version, that's fine

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Quote:

Quote:
That's still good.

If you were running your own login server, you would need to add that..but, for the 'stock' version, that's fine
Right on! It pops up all the windows super fast and nothing happens with the one that stays open. Ran world.exe from cmd, and says my connection isnt there to the db, but i thought this was all covered previously. Not had any trouble since you guys posted those files.

Any suggestions? I feel like im pretty close to completion here!

I was able to create the DB no problems, and the path is setup "C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C :\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin" unless this is also incorrect? This is pretty close to where I was before when I was getting those crashes I posted about and you replied to me about, hopefully no crashes this time as I have all the correct files this time!

Also, when I go to setup my own login server for this, would this guide be updated enough to use? http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main
Old 05-26-2016, 01:20 AM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

I think this is a good thing. Certainly have never seen this before.
--edit--
Ran through the batch file. Let it run for a bit, this is what i have now. Is this correct and ready to go? Or am I still missing something. Also, I dont know how to even connect to it. =\
Old 05-26-2016, 07:14 AM
epilz
Hill Giant

Bottom pic looks correct. Do you have four windows open?
Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilz View Post
Bottom pic looks correct. Do you have four windows open?
No, 2. One displaying zone info, an the other shows logs of connections etc. When I try to connect to it after character selection, my client simply crashes. I checked to make sure, I can connect to other servers without crashing, just not my own now, I can't seem to find any information about it yet.

So far heres my file structure:

inside eqemuserver folder:

.bat for server launching:

When i run this .bat this is what happens:
black cmd window,
pops open 4 windows, closes 2.
2 windows remain.
window 1: \eqemu\eqemuserver\eqlaunch.exe (then changes to 0:sleeping with no text)

window 2: \eqemu\eqemuserver\world.exe

(I do get eqtime warnings in yellow sometimes about it failing to do something with it, not sure if relevant)
Old 05-26-2016, 12:03 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Looks like your database needs to be updated... and your PATH doesnt have mysql in it.

Do this....

Right click "My Computer" --> Click Properties

On the left click "Advanced System Properties"

Inside this window make sure you are on the Advanced tab and click "Environment Variables"

There should be a system variable called "Path" .. inside that is a bunch of paths for different programs.

For mine I have "C:\MariaDB 10.0\Bin" inside there seperated by ;

example...

C:\Someshit\shit;C:\MariaDB 10.0\Bin;

You need to put the location of your mysql in there and it should be able to find it properly for the update script.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:34 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
Looks like your database needs to be updated... and your PATH doesnt have mysql in it.

Do this....

Right click "My Computer" --> Click Properties

On the left click "Advanced System Properties"

Inside this window make sure you are on the Advanced tab and click "Environment Variables"

There should be a system variable called "Path" .. inside that is a bunch of paths for different programs.

For mine I have "C:\MariaDB 10.0\Bin" inside there seperated by ;

example...

C:\Someshit\shit;C:\MariaDB 10.0\Bin;

You need to put the location of your mysql in there and it should be able to find it properly for the update script.

This is what I have in there now (C:\Perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\bin;C:\xampp\mysql\bin;C : \Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin; screen shot now reflects this in reality. i didnt actually write the path right, fixing it and trying again)

I ran the .bat to start it after making this change. (This is AFTER making the above corrections)
Old 05-26-2016, 01:57 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Its still not finding your mysql path.. plus I see two of them in there.

Might be easier knowing which one is being used.. go to Start button.. type "Services" and scroll to Mysql and see which one is running and the proper location of it.

If you still cant get it to find it.. you can PM me and maybe I can help you with teamviewer :p
Old 05-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Havenbrook
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
Its still not finding your mysql path.. plus I see two of them in there.

Might be easier knowing which one is being used.. go to Start button.. type "Services" and scroll to Mysql and see which one is running and the proper location of it.

If you still cant get it to find it.. you can PM me and maybe I can help you with teamviewer :p

Put that in there for the environmental variable. "C:\Program Files\MariaDB 10.0\bin\mysqld.exe;"

this is the new output when using .bat file again.