Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:23 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Project 1999 (P99) Support - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING HERE!

To everyone that plays (or is trying to play) on the Project 1999 Server, please review the Project 1999 FAQ first before posting here for support.

Project 1999 FAQ

You may also want to check out their Wiki, and their Forums to see if your question can be answered there.

We get posts on these forums daily related to issues or questions that are directly related to the Project 1999 Server. The eqemulator.org forums are not the place for the majority of these type of posts. We do not support individual servers here, and have no control over what individual servers do or do not do. It is always best to ask server-specific questions on the forums of the server you are playing on (if they have forums), or in game on that server.

These forums support general EQEmu issues. If you can connect to another server, such as PEQ, and your issue does not occur there even though it does happen on the server you are attempting to play on, then it is probably a server-specific issue and we cannot assist you with resolving it. If you have tried multiple servers and your issue happens on every server you try, then it is more likely that it is something we can assist with.

Common questions/issues that are posted here when they should have been asked on the Project 1999 forums:

Q: I am unable to log on to P99 while my wife/brother/etc are already logged in.
A: Read the P99 FAQ. They have IP Limiting in place that only allows 1 account at a time unless you make an IP exception request on their forums as stated in their FAQ.

Q: I am running the SoF/SoD/UF/RoF client, and when I try to connect to Project 1999, I get a black screen then get kicked back to the login screen.
A: Project 1999 only supports the Titanium client.

Q: I am getting an error when I try to login with the EQEmu Launcher tool.
A: The EQEmu Launcher is a 3rd party tool which is not supported by EQEmu. The Launcher has to connect to a specific host for it to work properly and if that host is down it won't work. Connecting without the launcher should work fine. We only support people who are using the standard setup as defined in the Play Guide.

When a post is made that is answered by the Project 1999 FAQ and other resources, you will be linked to this stickied thread instead of getting the same response that has been given dozens of times.

Last edited by Uleat; 03-19-2017 at 11:17 PM.. Reason: updated domain
Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Neyphlite
Fire Beetle

Hmm just got a copy of SoF to play this and just read this FAQ cause I awas getting the black screen...Is there any possibility of it being useable with SoF in the future??
Old 01-11-2014, 02:52 PM
yoras
Fire Beetle

my gf's account is missing all the characters. account "yoras" and her main character "Rachee" roughly level 20 druid, is missing. I've searched for more info in faq and forums but can't figure it out. It's been over a year since we last played but she wants to play again. any help is much appreciated and thanks again for all your "unappreciated at times" work.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:02 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoras View Post
my gf's account is missing all the characters. account "yoras" and her main character "Rachee" roughly level 20 druid, is missing. I've searched for more info in faq and forums but can't figure it out. It's been over a year since we last played but she wants to play again. any help is much appreciated and thanks again for all your "unappreciated at times" work.
Seriously? Read the OP post up here ^^^

We do not help with specific server problems.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:30 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

I'm guessing you hit quick connect, which doesn't work.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:36 PM
TRiCiDE
Fire Beetle

Default Trying to log into p99 but password isnt working.

Trying to log into p99 but password isnt working. I think its this account name and password to log in for login servers right? Been awhile, just followed all the new rules to play but password isnt working.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:52 PM
cjlamb0229
Fire Beetle

Default Issue going into a zone

I was seeing if I could start the progression for Planes of Power and my character has bugged. It keeps bouncing my cleric, Solevilus, to and from the guild lobby in a loop. I will be in game on the character Macican if I could get some assistance in game it would be easier for me to respond. Thanks!

And if I posted this in the wrong place my apologies, I usually am very quiet on forums.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:57 PM
CaptainCyrus
Fire Beetle

Default Sms Verification

Hey, for this site I am trying to update my Sms Verification the phone used was from 2 yrs ago and I would like to update it cant change my server accounts passwords without updating the sms verification cause it wants to send password reset to this instead of my email with no choice in the matter
Old 11-26-2016, 01:22 PM
mageman1842
Fire Beetle

I went to the EQEMU setup and all the links to files i need to download are broken. Any new site for the info i need to get this to work?
Old 02-13-2017, 02:08 AM
NameAccepted
Fire Beetle

Default Can't Post on the P99 Forums

So today i needed to Post a petition about my corpse disappering in P99 and im not allowed to post on the forums.

anyone able to help me here?
Old 02-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Demi-God

You just replied to a post that tells you not to post p1999 questions here. If you can't post on their forums then get a buddy to help you, we can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
These forums support general EQEmu issues. If you can connect to another server, such as PEQ, and your issue does not occur there even though it does happen on the server you are attempting to play on, then it is probably a server-specific issue and we cannot assist you with resolving it.
Go to the right place: https://www.project1999.com/forums/ - or go in game on a new character / existing character and /petition...
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:40 PM
NameAccepted
Fire Beetle

i dont have any buddies that play it
Old 02-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

These aren't the forums you're looking for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameAccepted View Post
So today i needed to Post a petition about my corpse disappering in P99 and im not allowed to post on the forums.

anyone able to help me here?
Have you tried the /petition command in-game, by chance?
Old 03-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Dagan
Fire Beetle

Default please help!

i played P99 a year ago and i got my same account and for some reason my old characters arent showing up please help!
Old 03-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Uleat
Developer

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...85&postcount=4

Please visit p99 website for help.

We have no control over what they do on their server.

Compilin' Dirty