Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Allairus
Sarnak

Default Private Server

Is there a way to run your own private server that people can connect to over the Internet without being on the server list? I was able to get things working on LAN, but anytime I try to allow people to login over the Internet it does not work unless it uses the default settings and shows up on the server list at EQEmu. Even if there was a way I could control who can access it I would be happy.

I looked around on forums and the posts I found were pretty old. I did read about having to make a different build of the server to allow login over the Internet through your own login server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:09 PM
AsmoTiC
Sarnak

Check out this link http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Windows...Guide&frm=Main

That gives pretty good instructions on setting up the private login server. This is how I run my server. Will require your friends to modify the eqhosts file on each of their machines, but works great otherwise.

With that said. I'd like to know if there was a way to do both. Can you have the server running on the Private Login Server as well as receive connections from the Public EQEmu server list?

I took a quick stab at including both in my config XML, but when it didn't work right off the bat, I reverted and haven't looked at it since.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

Are you using the loginserver that's in the official github repo? Assuming you've already sourced the necessary .sql files for the loginserver and set it up correctly, do all the client's eqhost.txt have the correct information (external IP/port)?
Old 06-06-2016, 04:35 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

You can use this for dual login
Code:
                <loginserver1>
			<host>login.eqemulator.net</host>
			<port>5998</port>
			<account></account>
			<password></password>
		</loginserver1>

<loginserver2>