Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Generic Server setup - Cannot enter Guild LOBBY

Riklin from Halls Havoc here. After setting up a progression server, we had (10-1 players at first, it quieted down and after several weeks of no one logging in except for the usual accidental logins, I decided to flatten and restart as a normal legit server, with mercs. I am having a lot of problems getting it to run this time though.

For database, I am using peqbeta_2015-08-12-02-01. I'm doing the usual setup, of creating PEQ, then sourcing peqbeta.sql and sourcing player_tables.sql. I then run the mercs setup script.

For code, I do the usual git pull, then svn quests and maps as usual. I use cmake, same version as specified in setup guide. Compiler is visual studio 2013. In the past, this is how I used and ran my 3 preceding servers. It had occasional issues, usually involving not using the correct components (wrong version of perl usually). I have compiled this with 32 bit code, using the 32 bit dependencies. I received no compile errors.

I even went as far as to replace the eqemu_config.xml file and start.bat file with the recommendations from the setup guide.

What is happening is this. When I start the server, the usual update script kicks in. I do the usual updates, then the server starts. shortly after the dynamic zones start, I get a zone.exe error. I tried recompiling this with x64 mode with x64 dependencies, again no compile errors , dropping, creating and sourcing a new instance of the database. I still get the same zone.exe error.

One final time I created a new instance of peq, started up the server, then when using the update script, I ran all the exe/dll/anything including the kitchen sink, options, and I am now able to load and create characters.

The main problem I am now running in to is that from Plane of Knowledge, no characters can enter the Guild Lobby. A GM character can use #zone 344 to zone in to the guild lobby, can even zone out, but no character can zone in to the guild lobby. I even created a guild, and attempted to log in with a guilded character and no luck.

The client I am using is the same one I've been using for a long time - Underfoot.

I have done several different searches regarding guild lobby entry issues and they usually involve the RoF problem or inability to login to the guild Hall. This is not that. This is attempting to click on the guild lobby doors from Plane of Knowledge.

Any guesses as to what to try now?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 PM
atrayas
Hill Giant

For the guild lobby, have you checked zone info and made sure all permissions are set to were you want them?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Uleat
Developer

There's been a lot of changes in the last 4-5 months.

You can get the most up-to-date maps and quests by manually running eqemu_update.pl and selecting the options for them.

You will probably want to download the windows server dll's as well.

What version of Visual Studio are you compiling with?

EDIT: To my knowledge..the zlib1.dll in that option is x86 and compat with 2013 (maybe 2015 too.)

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 12-09-2015 at 07:00 PM..
Old 12-11-2015, 12:54 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I've been using the originally configured set of folders files that I created when I set up my first version of the Halls Havoc server. I tried every possible thing I could think of, but I ended up storing the original server folder and most of the files to storage. (i.e. I started over.)

I have successfully recreated the server by completely starting over and again following the server setup guide precisely. It works now with a minor hitch that I'll start a new thread for...
Old 12-23-2015, 06:09 PM
TaichoTarpit
Fire Beetle

Hello Riklin & Uleat I'm playing on Halls Havoc now, Thorin the Cleric. Getting in the right GL zone is an issue for me. When I zone in with UF or HoT it freezes me and then redirects me to the GL and I see your toons stationed there. If I enter with RoF2, which is working just fine with everything else, the same thing happens, i'm froze and redirect to "a GL." A who will show ur toons are there, but I can't see them. This is a long shot but I'm wondering if either of you knows how I can get into the right GL using RoF2 client. I've tried #peqzone 344; guild lobby; guildlobby, etc but can't get into the right GL using RoF2, which has spoiled me I know. But it works just fine everywhere else! Thanks for any comments you might have.
Taicho Tarpit aka Thorin.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:42 PM
Uleat
Developer

Guild lobbies are instanced in the later clients due to the addition of guild neighborhoods..

..the older clients use a 'static' guild lobby.

Compilin' Dirty