Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Galdwin
Fire Beetle

Default THF is a blast

Just a bump to let you know that:
  • THF has now a nember Admin team member who completes the team.
  • THF has now a third guild which will be raiding soon.
  • We reached 50+ connected accounts recently.
  • Latest raid zone news: PoF encounters are designed with scripts which are really good.
  • Tradeskillers will love THF.

Definitly, happyness is there, come & join THF if you are looking for an excellent PVE custom server!

Loly, Wizard, < Evolution >.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Xecuter
Fire Beetle

I've been at The Hidden Forrest since The first of July 09. I immediatly like the server, and the population was quite friendly. I think what did it the most for me was the difficulty. I came from storm haven which is a really nice server, it just didn't seem like its terribly hard to level.

The Hidden forest has a ton of new quests and zones and continues to develope content for their expanding player base. The devs are friendly, helpful and willing to take into account their own goals for the server but the overall consensus of the population when they make decisions pertaining the the server. Every time i've had a problem with an item, npc, zone they have been quick to respond on their forums and help resolve any issues within thier power.

Lately they reached Green status and i'm proud to have been here since they were hiding down at the bottom of the list, ( i often wonder if thats where they got "hidden" from).

Anyways, the player base is amazing. The devs rock, and there is a ton of custom quests, zones, tradeskills to go around. They have a working magelo & allaclone with a fancy design also.

You definatly should check them out!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:04 PM
tandcemerson
Sarnak

To update:

We've recently added some special Halloween events for all to enjoy and partake in.

Quote:
Halloween is upon us and the festivities are in full swing from now until November 8th.

* There is a higher xp rate for all those to level up with - 5x
* Check for new seasonal NPC's and quests in The Hidden Forest zone
* A special secret raid encounter

Come join us for this limited time celebration!
Also, Jeido posted about tier 4 being added, but we also have rolled out epic 2.5's not too long ago and added some unique donator items usable at level 1.

Coming very soon (within the next month as a guess) we also have LDoN adventures along with their own leaderboard tracker and an achievements system where you can compare your achievements alongside others through the magelo page.

So come on out and join us for fun, tricks, and candy this Halloween!

Jerant the Loremaster - Cleric
Hans Poisondirk - Rogue
< Evolution >
Old 10-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Jeido
Fire Beetle

As Jerant said, the Halloween event is out today but he's being modest! He was one of the ones who helped make the quests for it, and the server excitement has really gone up since the quests were released. There are numerous event npc's in the starter zone, and there are some quests too that involve killing around norrath, collecting items for rewards.

Also, there's an illusion NPC for the event in the starter zone, which is always fun

Personally, I have my eye on the new level 85 orc that they popped into Crushbone for this event... I've always wanted to raid CB and now I have that chance! I definitely recommend at least stopping by and messing around with the event npc's, they add even more to a server that already has fully customized content/items.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:54 PM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

Best. Server. Ever.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:59 AM
tandcemerson
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeido View Post
As Jerant said, the Halloween event is out today but he's being modest!
That wasn't modesty, that was, "It's 2am and I want to go to sleep" :P

Jerant the Loremaster - Cleric
Hans Poisondirk - Rogue
< Evolution >
Old 11-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Our Halloween event and 5x exp will end on the 8th of Nov, so here is a brief update what we have now and what will come.

I extended and will keep updated our server information page: here. As always, more details, guides, walkthroughs on our portal. We have a mass amount of quality customization now, and the list is getting extended daily.

It's a good time to join our ranks, since there will be lots of new and unique content updates in the upcoming weeks. Just to list the major ones:
Custom adventure system with 32 custom adventure zone (normal and hard for assassination/slaughter/rescue/collection adventures).

Adventure system leaderboard
(will go live with the adventure system. for now it has only test related data, but you can get a feel how it will look like)
Click!

Unique Achievement system!
(beta)

Tier 5 raid progression zone.

More custom code and rev update to stay up to date.

And last but not least..(as always) sorry for my English and typos
Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM
harney4
Fire Beetle

After having played on the server for 10-15 hours now I wanted to go ahead and make a post about it on the forums here.

Most of you know me as Harney, Skeeb, Zhak, Podge etc. I've been around the eqemulator community since 2003ish ( my best guess ). I've played on Guildwars, KMRA, VZ/TZ, Winters Roar ( now Shards of Dalaya ), EZ EXP, Zarn Barn, 5 times and countless other servers that have come and gone over the years.

The Hidden Forest is a legit, fast paced (3-5x exp from what I can gather ) customized PvE server, it reminds me a lot of Winter's Roar. The server is extremely polished, the starter zone / hub zone is very thorough and has pretty much everything you'd want in such a zone.

Leveling goes to 70 and then AA's from there. I currently have 4 boxes at levels 55-56 and have enjoyed the leveling here quite a bit, there are quests / tasks in every customized leveling zone, and access to said zones from the teleporter in the hub zone. The grind that you normally experience on most emu servers definitely does not feel like a grind here, I've stayed in most zones even after I'm done with the exp for the items / clickies that are obtainable to gear all of my toons.

From what I've gathered on their forums and seen in game, they already have 4 raid tiers to progress through once you reach the end game and at least 2 raiding guilds currently.

The box is very stable, I've had no problems with server lag or connection issues, and I'm in Japan currently so that says quite a bit.

This servers population is going to grow immensely once the word gets out about it and people start making toons here. I really cannot stop saying good things about it, with having been around emu for so long, it's almost become the rule and not the exception to complain about how broken most of the servers are, my only complaint so far with this one is the lack of playtime I have.

If you're looking for a solid PvE server, I strongly suggest giving this one a try.

Look me up in game if you need anything

- Harney
Old 11-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Nagus69
Sarnak

To give you an idea about the degree of customization:

150+ Custom Tradeskill Recipes (alternative Routes to go to 300 for most TS)
200+ Custom Spells and Focii
1500+ Custom Items (some totally new, most you will recognize with just updated stats)

Bards can charm at lev70, Mages can get a Root spell etc. Whatever you hated most on old EQ is probably a no issue on our Server.

1.5 and 2.0 are brought in line with the current degree of Player/NPC power. Custom clicks and effects are on some of the Epics.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
tnance1337
Fire Beetle

Those numbers really don't do THF justice. Albeit, a great indicator of content, but the true glowing aspect of this server is the player-base, quality of content, and the devotion from the design staff, which can not be measured in numbers.

Tyler, Lillu, and Striat are dedicated, knowledgeable, very fair, and very open to their player's ideas. They have turned THF into an adventure. It's an experience that is highly immersive, and addicting. Some of the server's features are just awe-inspiring.

The community is also very dedicated, and some of the server's best qualities come from player ideas, including quests, lore, tradeskill ideas, and our very own beautifully modified and developed Alla clone, Magelo Clone, and other web-based server goodies and tools.

The current content is challenging, unique, and rewarding. The upcoming content is highly anticipated and will more than likely continue, and expand on, that trend. I, personally, can not wait, although I have to. =P

Seriously, I'm amazed at THF. I'm a player, not a content designer. I don't know a damn thing about development, and I can tell that Tyler and Lillu, as well as the rest of the community on THF, have poured a lot of time, and effort, into the server. I love the game this server has created for it's entertainment it has given me. I'm surprised more people have not stepped into the world of The Hidden Forest. Trust me, you'll be glad if you do.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Nagus69
Sarnak

Just to let you guys and gals and people looking for a server know what we have been up to:
  • Tier 5 Raid zone opened
  • Complete new alternate Progression line (1x XP)
  • XP mod set to 3 for XP and AXP
  • New custom Player Spells
  • Donator Weapons
  • more custom Tradeskills recipes
  • Custom Global Models, (just tiny txt file to download)
  • Unique web based tools (complete rewritten clone)

Check us out at www.thehiddenforest.eu
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Just a brief update. We have a completly new portal with customized web based tools. Magelo, NPC/TS/Item/Custom spell search, Achievement system, Who is online, etc..
http://clone.thehiddenforest.eu/

Progression raid zones that require a flag are now instanced based on guilds. (instances never expire/no lockout time)

New global models/custom illusions

Custom adventure system will go live in the upcoming day..
- new hub zone for adventures: The Hidden Vale
- 32 custom adventures in (ruj/tak/mir/mmc)
- custom code to improve the adventure system (e.g.: random boss mob locations)
- Adventure system leaderboard

More details soon.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:09 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

ok Lillu - where did the forum go? =)
Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
ok Lillu - where did the forum go? =)