Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:09 PM
j01
Fire Beetle

Default Can bots be made to buff targets outside of their group?

I have scoured the forums and looked through all the commands and as much of the code as I could spare my free time for and couldn't find the answer while using these otherwise awesome bots on my personal server.

Can bots be configured to automatically buff targets outside of the group they're in?

If for example, I wanted to have a botgroup with 6 bots that I spawn just to buff the main group i'm in - can I get them to recognize my main group's members, or is there at least a way to manually trigger them to try their standard available buffs on us, or just on a selected target?

As I understand it, there currently is no raid functionality with the most up to date version of bots, and unless I'm mistaken botgroups do kinda function as if they were in a sort of pseudo-raid group with your existing main party, at least for experience distribution and aggro purposes, but said botgroups only appear to try to buff within just their singular group by default.

I'd like to change or get around that if possible.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:21 PM
Uleat
Developer

If you're talking about buffing using the standard casting AI, no..bots do not have that capability built-in.

They were originally coded to cast only within their group and have remained that way since.

Bots really need to have /tgb functionality added to their spell AI.

Unfortunately, that's something I won't be able to work on for some time.

Compilin' Dirty