Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-27-2009, 05:05 AM
trevius
Developer

Even though SoF did revamp a bunch of zones, all of the old versions of the zones still remain in the EQ folder accept for highholdpass I think.

Because the old zones are still there and have different zone names and numbers than the new versions, the SoF client will still zone to the old original version of the zone. The new ones are very cool in most cases, but many of them don't work with Azone yet, so we can't create .map files for them to allow casting spells and such in those zones (which sucks).

Basically, to make everything the same between both clients, all you need to do is find the zone files for the zones with humans in your Titanium folder and copy them to the SoF folder like you said. Then, all of the old models will load just fine. They never remove races when they create new ones, so they are all still there, you just need the file to have the correct entries to load them. Actually, if you wanted, I am sure you could just run a search in your Titanium folder for "*_chr.txt" and copy all of the files that search returns into your SoF folder and overwrite them all. That will make all models in SoF load exactly like Titanium for every zone.

Really, it isn't a big list of zones, just the short list that ChaosSlayer listed.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

ah Trev, I am pretty sure they have removed at least SOME of the models =)

Look:
-He is running SoF, but SoF zones are not populated, which means his Freeport is OLD Freeport, and all his mobs models were OLD models, and the old models for Freeport - like rats or orcs- NEVER needed force loading cause they are NATIVE to that zones. In Fact the original Orc model source location is listed as "orc,freportw_chr", which means that its the other zones loading it from Freeport. (if you pull T. freeport chr file - you will see there are no orcs been force loaded, since there never was any need) As since his orcs are all human for him - this means the graphics is no longer there. At least its no longer native to Freeport.

He can still get the old orcs to force load but he will have to pull them from different source - from Iceclad zone file by altering his GlobalLoad instead with:

1,0,TFFF,iceclad_chr,Loading Characters

and he will get access to Rygor orcs models this way too btw.
UNLESS, SOE has replaced orcs all over the world with SoF, including Rygor models, then they may have removed that source as well.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Ok, this is what I did to fix: North Freeport, West Freeport, North Ro, South Ro and Oasis. This gives me the old models but it was quicker than hunting down each mob and changing the models for that zone. I did try looking into the *_chr.txt files but was unable to determine which entry would be for a sand scarab. This led me to looking into the files for that zone, North Ro, in this case. I found that in SOF there were only 2 files for nro. There were around 8 files in T. I copied all of the nro files from T to my SOF folder and told it NOT to overwrite existing. Zoning out and back in fixed the models, note that my zones do not stay up when there is no one in the zone. I did this for each zone I listed above and it fixed each one. Notice that I did NOT overwrite files, but in each case there were only a couple of files for the old zones.

Some day I'll go back through and poplulate these zones with the new models or maybe populate the new zones with npcs.

Anyway my 2 coppers worth.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Ok, I was also able to get this work. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=147147&postcount=1.
I did have to remove this line:
1,0,TFFF,solrotower_chr,Loading Characters
as it may south ro sand textures red and black and messed up the whole look.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
laxative
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaei View Post
Ok, I was also able to get this work. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=147147&postcount=1.
I did have to remove this line:
1,0,TFFF,solrotower_chr,Loading Characters
as it may south ro sand textures red and black and messed up the whole look.
I did the global procedure for the snakes, orcs, and rats. And it did fix it. I miss the old orc models, but it's better than a bunch of humans running around. Does anyone know the new and old ID's for the myotis bats in freeport?

Thanks!

Lax.