Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:37 PM
bthomsen0312
Fire Beetle

Default Can't Login to own server

So i get a 1017 error when trying to log onto the server from any number of ways. i have other people from outside connecting but i never can connect myself from either of my desktops, i am behind a linksys router. I have tried port fowarding 5998 7000-7500 9000 and 9080 BOTH UDP/TCP on all. i tried turning on DMZ i tried holding a rabbits foot. im lost guys
Here are ALL of my /configs
Code:
Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=localhost
DatabaseCatalogName=PEQloginDB
DatabaseUserName=root
DatabaseUserPassword=****
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf
Code:
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
	<world>
		<shortname>SOML</shortname>
		<longname>Sitonmylaps house</longname>
		<address>Sitonmylap.dyndns.org</address>
		<localaddress>192.168.0.105</localaddress>
	  <loginserver>
		<host>eqemulator.net</host>
		<port>5998</port>
		<account></account>
		<password></password>
        </loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
                <key>asdfqwerty</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
                <http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
        </world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
        <database>
                <host>localhost</host>
                <port>3306</port>
                <username>root</username>
                <password>****</password>
                <db>peq</db>
        </database>
</server>
Code:
 [LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998
edit i tried this http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=RouterFix and it didn't work, it looked like to me i was already NAT fowarded so that didn't help...

also i tried checking to see if my ports are open, however even they should be open my router *Linksys WRT54G* as i did the port fowarding and they are open on BOTH of my desktops........and the weird part is i have outside people join my server and get in (co-worker said he got in no problemo)
Old 11-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Change both of these lines:

Code:
		<address>Sitonmylap.dyndns.org</address>
		<localaddress>192.168.0.105</localaddress>
...to your real external ip.

All machines behind your router should connect directly to your server by using your 192.168.0.105 in the eqhost text file.

I'm using a dynamic IP too but it's being controlled at the router level and not assigned within the server config files...at least, this is how it works for me for external and internal clients.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:59 PM
bthomsen0312
Fire Beetle

problem solved, thank you!

now if i can find some threads on NPCS not responding to hails
Old 11-13-2009, 05:21 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 View Post

Check your perl install. I had the wrong version installed and had the same problem. You should be able to find the correct version listed somewhere.. 5.8 vs. 5.10 or whatever.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 View Post

If the Perl fix doesn't work check to make sure your plugins folder is properly pathed in your server folder.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Under the quests folder is a plugins folder. Copy the contents of that folder into the plugins folder under your eqemu folder.

also need to check and make sure that you do not have a quests folder under your quests folder.

Sometimes after extracting the quests you wind up with a folder structure like eqemu/quests/quests/zone-folders-here. you should only have one quest folder like eqemu/quests/zone-folders-here.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein
Old 11-14-2009, 02:54 PM
bthomsen0312
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylaei View Post
Under the quests folder is a plugins folder. Copy the contents of that folder into the plugins folder under your eqemu folder.

also need to check and make sure that you do not have a quests folder under your quests folder.

Sometimes after extracting the quests you wind up with a folder structure like eqemu/quests/quests/zone-folders-here. you should only have one quest folder like eqemu/quests/zone-folders-here.
i had quests inside of quests folder! i remembered reading that somewhere and noticed i had done that thank you!

is it possible to stick mysql database on a flash drive? so i can edit it at school while im bored?
Old 11-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Sylaei
Hill Giant

Yes, I use xampp to set up my server. This means that I can put my entire server on a usb stick, if it is big enough and transport it anywhere.

You can use this guide to set it up:http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Portable. It has been a long time so the guide may be off in places, but it should be easy enough to just set the database up on the usb device using xampp or similar software.

One thing to be aware of, if you are able to compile your own executables, then you can use the latest version of xampp, if not then you need to use the version in the guide because it uses perl 5.8. The newer xampp's use perl 5.10.

"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking with which we created them."
Albert Einstein