Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Xenerox
Hill Giant

Thumbs up Onyx'Falls Classic Respin

Greetings EQEmu, so lately I have been working on a classical respin server idea which is at this time anyway going to consist of SoV, SoL with LDON. Im also going to be eventually releasing PoP with OOW cutting out certain expansions putting together my favorite game with my favorite expansions. We are currently a very small server at the moment hoping to grow over time, and with your help i know we can make this server another big hit if not atleast a place for cool, Active people/players and close friends to hang out every now and then.
So If You think this is an idea you can get behind, Here is a list of different ways you can help.
-We Need-------------------------------
-Scripters
-World Builders
-Testers(Probably Not Going To Need Right Away.)
-Experienced Server Building Advisor
------------------------------------------
EQEmulator Community, Thank You Again for your time and consideration, If You have experience and/or think you can help us to grow into a great server with anything listed above please feel free to contact me on here or pay a visit to the server.

P.S. Im always going to keep an open mind with server ideas so if you have some fresh ones always feel free to share, I want to make this a Server for all to enjoy keeping what the community wants in mind when putting this together .
Old 10-20-2016, 07:58 PM
ghanja
Dragon

In all seriousness. More replies may result in proper punctuation and at least one period. I'd like to read that, but, it hurts.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:41 PM
Xenerox
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post

In all seriousness. More replies may result in proper punctuation and at least one period. I'd like to read that, but, it hurts.
You're Absolutely right ghanja i apologize for making you guys read that awful thing i threw together in 5 min, i took time and made an edit, i hope you approve.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:26 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

That's okay. He used a period for an incomplete thought (phrase), misused a comma and has a semantical error in the second sentence. It's a good idea to proofread before critizing someone else's grammatical errors.

i don't capitalize on informal writing, but punctuation is a good idea.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

I mean, in all communications it is best to use precise grammar whether online or not. But I do agree, please use the correct grammar if you are going to grammar check someone else during a response. You should totally use capitalization even during informal communications.

I for one, am not a grammar Nazi. Just tend to have “decent” grammar habits.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:35 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

With all the omg's, lol's and idk's, Grammar Got Run Over By A Reindeer .....
Old 10-23-2016, 03:17 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenerox View Post
Greetings EQEmu, so lately I have been working on a classical respin server idea which is at this time anyway going to consist of SoV, SoL with LDON. Im also going to be eventually releasing PoP with OOW cutting out certain expansions putting together my favorite game with my favorite expansions. We are currently a very small server at the moment hoping to grow over time, and with your help i know we can make this server another big hit if not atleast a place for cool, Active people/players and close friends to hang out every now and then.
So If You think this is an idea you can get behind, Here is a list of different ways you can help.
-We Need-------------------------------
-Scripters
-World Builders
-Testers(Probably Not Going To Need Right Away.)
-Experienced Server Building Advisor
------------------------------------------
EQEmulator Community, Thank You Again for your time and consideration, If You have experience and/or think you can help us to grow into a great server with anything listed above please feel free to contact me on here or pay a visit to the server.

P.S. Im always going to keep an open mind with server ideas so if you have some fresh ones always feel free to share, I want to make this a Server for all to enjoy keeping what the community wants in mind when putting this together .
Don't mean to rain on your parade man but didn't you just get a server set up a few days ago? You'd have to be pretty confident to ask other people to work on your idea when they could just work on their own. After you put a year of work into it and have a solid non-zero player count then perhaps it would be a good time to ask for help.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:53 AM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
You'd have to be pretty confident to ask other people to work on your idea when they could just work on their own. After you put a year of work into it and have a solid non-zero player count then perhaps it would be a good time to ask for help.
Having goals of putting together a server doesn't mean you are obligated to
do it all yourself.
Here's a nice write up by Akkadius about team efforts, etc.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?So_You_...rver?&frm=Main
Old 10-23-2016, 07:32 AM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCanDo View Post
do it all yourself.

I'm just saying it isn't going to happen. Mabye in 2003 but not now. Why would someone put work into someone elses server when they can just make their own? Especially if the server is brand new and has no track record and the person running it hasn't put any work in himself. I'm just bieng real.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:58 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
I mean, in all communications it is best to use precise grammar whether online or not. But I do agree, please use the correct grammar if you are going to grammar check someone else during a response. You should totally use capitalization even during informal communications.

I for one, am not a grammar Nazi. Just tend to have “decent” grammar habits.
LOL, both you and kokey can suck a grammatical dick. It was not pointing out grammar, or lack thereof. It was just, nearly impossible to read without getting lost and I was genuinely interested in knowing about a new server.

Sorry cuties. I would've responded faster, but, was out of town.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Splose
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCanDo View Post
do it all yourself.

That was written by Wiz from Shards of Dalaya/WR.

My best advice to you is to start working on your server and see if you enjoy doing it. It takes a serious masochist to run an EQEmu server and it is difficult if not downright impossible sometimes to find someone who is aligned with your vision and/or professional enough to treat your project as their own. Nobody is going to take the time and effort that you are to make sure your project is the best unless they have played on your server for a serious amount of time and/or have a good relationship with you.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
That was written by Wiz from Shards of Dalaya/WR.
Why does it say "Original Author - Akkadius" at the top of it ?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:15 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

because that's who uploaded it.

Old 10-31-2016, 02:08 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
LOL, both you and kokey can suck a grammatical dick. It was not pointing out grammar, or lack thereof. It was just, nearly impossible to read without getting lost and I was genuinely interested in knowing about a new server.

Sorry cuties. I would've responded faster, but, was out of town.
actually it was less about grammar and more about hypocrisy.

the whole rock and a glass house thing....
Old 10-31-2016, 07:15 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokey98 View Post
actually it was less about grammar and more about hypocrisy.

the whole rock and a glass house thing....
Let me guess. One of those easily offended liberals? I look forward to reading your contributions. Hypocrisy is that, you can still suck it. Toodles sweet cheeks.