Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Oaric
Sarnak

Default Everquest: The Dawn of the Dragons

Hello everyone,I would like to take a second to explain the ideas for my new project. Although it is still in very early developmental stages I would like to get to know everyones opinion!

Max level 70
Hub Zone Guild Lobby
Main Quest Zone Lavastorm

So it starts like this! You start as a level 35-40(still to be determined). You will be doing all of your leveling/gearing in The Broodlands and various connected zones. Your main goal is to do adventures for Radiant/Ebon crystals(these give you points for the better gear and augs). Items on merchants will be 100% legit(may tweek a few things as needed) But the evil/good issue will be non-existant. Anyways,After reaching level 70 you should begin the raid instances! We will have a 100% legit progression for the DoN era(mobs will be scaled as needed). I also intend on changing the way classes are looked upon. For example on my server the Cleric will be the best Single Man healer hands down,Druid will be the best group healer,and shaman focuses on regen/HoT.

There will be a spell scriber available to scribe all your spells/tomes up to level 65. All spells 65-70 will be dropped via mobs,obtainable through a quest,or bought with your crystals. There will be tremendous room for a extremely stable economy. Using the above mentioned method for obtaining spells and with random tradeable gear dropping from exp/adventure zones,plat should defiently hold value!

This server is a-ways away but I would love to hear your feedback on my ideas for the server! I have the first 3 tiers completely planned so I do have my work cut out for me lol.

PS: Server will most likely have a 3 box maximum,with 1 bot per person per group. This is to encourage players to group with one another,instances will be either Guild or Contested,no inbetween. That being said group content,such as easy adventures and good ol exp farming, can be done with 1-6 people. By the way anyone really missed camps or kiting?
Old 07-13-2012, 09:02 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

Currently seeking a co-developer,if interested shoot me a pm.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Drew, Y u not contact me? I R coder.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Oaric
Sarnak

been wondering where you was lol
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 AM
Oaric
Sarnak

Server is currently on hold untill i can figure out a host.