Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-18-2015, 11:27 AM
Tamian
Fire Beetle

Default Merc

I have read through all the posts, and I am still unable to get Merc's going. My environment is as follows:

1) Server running on Windows (Win2K8R2)
2) Latest source, latest DB
3) I have BOT's running without issue
4) I have followed all the directions I have found for Merc's -- and verified they are 'enabled' in the DB.

However, I am not able to interact with the Merc NPC's and bring up the Merc window/purchase them. Any ideas?
Old 06-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Couple of possibilities come to my mind:

1) You are using the Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer client. Mercenaries were introduced in Seeds of Destruction, which came after SoF, so only the Underfoot client and later will support Mercs.

2) Assuming the server code is made to look for it, your Expansions rule may be incorrect, and does not include the SoD bit. The default value of 16383 includes all expansions up to SoF, which does not include SoD and its mercenaries. If you want to be ultra safe and enable all expansions through the latest Live one (The Darkened Sea), the correct Expansions rule value would be 2097151.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:29 PM
Tamian
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
Couple of possibilities come to my mind:

1) You are using the Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer client. Mercenaries were introduced in Seeds of Destruction, which came after SoF, so only the Underfoot client and later will support Mercs.

2) Assuming the server code is made to look for it, your Expansions rule may be incorrect, and does not include the SoD bit. The default value of 16383 includes all expansions up to SoF, which does not include SoD and its mercenaries. If you want to be ultra safe and enable all expansions through the latest Live one (The Darkened Sea), the correct Expansions rule value would be 2097151.
Sorry - I am using the RoF2 client. Adjusted rule as suggested (World - Expansion Settings - 2097151), restarted, but still no dice. Have only certain merc liaisons been scripted?
Old 06-18-2015, 12:51 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Set their class to 71.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Tamian
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Set their class to 71.
Got that .. was about to post. Getting closer -- I also had to change the Expansion in variables (as well as rules).

However, while the window comes up, it is blank -- I am unable to select any 'types'. Looking closer at the data now.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:41 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamian View Post
Got that .. was about to post. Getting closer -- I also had to change the Expansion in variables (as well as rules).

However, while the window comes up, it is blank -- I am unable to select any 'types'. Looking closer at the data now.
That's where I am, though I don't really care about mercs so haven't invested much time into it.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Tamian
Fire Beetle

So, I think I found one table that is not getting populated: merc_spell_list_entries

This is built upon spells_new -- which does not contain the spells referenced in the merc_spell_list_entries load script. Anyone have a dump of merc_spell_list_entries AND spells_new?

Any dev able to indicate if the lack of merc_spell_list_entries would cause the non-population of the Merc window?

EDIT: used import_client_files to attempt to update spells_new, but that still did not solve issue.