Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:30 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Default Easiest way to soften faction grind?

I'm looking to make faction grinds like Kromzek, Kromrif, Dranik Loyalists etc. considerably easier (but not easy) but really don't know the best way to go about it.

I see settings like the base value, usually set at -1000 but I really don't want change the fundamentals of the game like having a faction that usually hates you tolerating you on first sight.

I think I'd rather increase the overall amount of faction received per kill but I don't really know how to go about that.

Would it be something like

Code:
select * from npc_faction_entries where faction_id=410
and then increase the values for each entry so each kill gives more of that npc's faction?

Just really not sure about how all the faction tables interact with one another to feel confident in doing this without some guidance.

Thanks in advance for any pointers. OR if there's another way altogether to go about this like a faction modifier or something please feel free to point me in another direction.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Splose
Banned

I'd start by backing up this table and increasing the values but keeping them in line with what they are now. You have a +10 and a -5 as the first 2 entries in that query, try doing +20 and -10 that way the factions should stay more or less the same just double the hits in either direction.

Really not an expert on factions but I've messed with them enough.. This should achieve what you want.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:30 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Thanks Splose, I'll give it a shot.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

If you are confident doing source changes, there's ways to affect it there.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com