Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Getting Old Nekultos to Work with Underfoot

I'm no expert regarding running EQEMU servers, but I've been doing it for a new years now now, so I'm used to dealing with issues. That said, this one stumps me. Has anyone successfully enabled the old nektulos zone with the Underfoot client?

Using PEQ database, I set up Halls Havoc server to concentrate on Classic, Kunark and Velious, but with the spells every level and a few of the luclin spells added extra. I initially set this up thinking of exclusively using the Titanium client, but recently decided to open it up to others. I'm now using Underfoot client, but ran into a snag. I cannot get Nektulos to load the old classic version.

The zone table is different for Nektulos. It has 2 zoneidnumber 25's with different version. For other zones, the fix was to edit the client_version_mask in the zone_points table. The change typically involves deleting the one with a client_version_mask of 4294967292, and to change the record with client_version_mask of 3 to 4294967295.

I have tried copying the nektulos files from the titanium client to the underfoot client, but that does nothing. The Underfoot client seems to run the rebuilt version of Nektulos regardless of what I do. After this change, it loads perfectly with Titanium, but with Underfoot, when zoning in to Nektulos, the zone completes, but loads under the world. I used the #goto command and was eventually able to confirm that it is indeed loading the newer version of Nektulos, not the classic version.

Thanks for your assistance,
Riklin

I was trying to fix this (starting server, starting client, restarting server, etc.) and apparently got my IP blocked now. I hope that is temporary...
Old 12-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

There's many parts to truly apply this.
Nektulos is fortunately one that can be edited on UF/SOF/etc because SoE decided to design the modification in a way it can be reverted. Some zones, e.g. highhold pass, you can only make the changes by hacking your eqgame exe.

That said, here's what you're looking at:

* Client side edit to load the old version of nektulos. You have to delete a file, nektulos.eqg, just rename it to nektulos.old and you'll see the old version of the zone load.
* Edit spawndata for all the mobs, items, etc in the zone. Sourcing this isn't officially supported or versioned, but can be found with research. This is pivotal since if it isn't applied, mobs will float and path weirdly due to grids and spawndata being set to different locations.
* Repair teleporting. Make sure all spell teleports are going to the proper zone ID. Depending on how your zones file list is, you'll likely see two zoneidnumber entries. Ensure this is all the same ID, the old version and it's loading the proper zoneidnumber.

Good luck!

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 12-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Thank you! Those things I can deal with.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

renaming the Nektulos.eqg file fixed the problem! Thanks! There are npc's to fix, but for the most part it looks much better! Do you happen to know why there are torchlights in the sky? I know they are holdovers from the later nektulos, but how to I get rid of those? I mean I cannot target them...
Old 12-25-2017, 12:02 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Follow up question... Because Nektulos is odd (2 zone number 25's), how can I force the record in spells_new to point to the correct zoneidnumber/version? Should I delete the "not-to-be-used" one out of the zone table? I'm guessing yes?

EDIT - Followup... I deleted the bad record in the zone table and then edited the gate/portal/evac spell records. and these spells work as they should now...
Old 12-26-2017, 12:14 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riklin View Post
renaming the Nektulos.eqg file fixed the problem! Thanks! There are npc's to fix, but for the most part it looks much better! Do you happen to know why there are torchlights in the sky? I know they are holdovers from the later nektulos, but how to I get rid of those? I mean I cannot target them...
check for a file named: nektulosa_EnvironmentEmitters.txt